Model Cars Magazine Forum

Patriotic paint schemes

talk about locomotives. does anybody remember the spirit of 76' from tyco? i got one for christmas.still have the engine and caboose.can't remember what happened to the rest of the set.

Yep, I still have mine too. It's packed up with the rest of my HO scale trains.

In fact MACK trucks introduced the "All American" cab paint scheme way back (circa) 1970, mostly with white painted frames, way before the Bi-Centenial craze of 1976. Was surely the best of them all... for trucks, very nice looking :wub:

Take a close look at MPC first edition of the MACK DM 800 (tractor & ready mix kits) artboxes of...1971 ;)

Same excellent MPC boxarts carried over in ERTL boxes, when they got the DM800 mold.

In fact MACK trucks introduced the "All American" cab paint scheme way back (circa) 1970, mostly with white painted frames, way before the Bi-Centenial craze of 1976. Was surely the best of them all... for trucks, very nice looking :wub:

Take a close look at MPC first edition of the MACK DM 800 (tractor & ready mix kits) artboxes of...1971 ;)

Same excellent MPC boxarts carried over in ERTL boxes, when they got the DM800 mold.

Clearly evidenced by Chuckyr's brochure post,that's obviously a pre 73 dash in that f model Mack. Of course there was a bicentinniel craze but patriotism should never be a craze.

There were some really cool bicentennial editions from Ford pick ups to locomotives,everything was red white and blue.

This F-model is pre-bicentennial,Mack did this paint scheme in 1970 to promote their 70 year anniversary.........................Mark