Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello everybody, this is my first ever semi truck, i got this kit a couple months ago after some of you all recommended it and then put it to the side after a couple of failed painting attempts so i brought the kit back out last week and got the body painted finally and then got everything else painted and put together, I really enjoyed building the kit and can't wait to do another semi, its box stock and painted with duplicolor blue metallic, all comments and criticism welcome.

DSCN4677.jpg

DSCN4676.jpg

DSCN4682.jpg

DSCN4679.jpg

Edited by BOSWELL891

Rich, I had an old AMT scrap visor laying around. I took some small scrap pcs and just glued them flat onto the ends. I then used a little bit of rotary file/Dremel finesse and reshaped the corners to fit the cab. Not a lot of work. End results were pretty good in my opinion. The cool thing is the center still fits the cab with the angles. Here it is:

ToptheCop2Winter2011019.jpg

Rich, the only visor that I know of that fits this cab is made be Gary Wallace of GW Trucks. It's actually for a W900B, so it's a little different.

JIm, do you have a link for GW Trucks? I tried doing a search and all I got was a link for 1:1 scale parts :blink:

Rich, I had an old AMT scrap visor laying around. I took some small scrap pcs and just glued them flat onto the ends. I then used a little bit of rotary file/Dremel finesse and reshaped the corners to fit the cab. Not a lot of work. End results were pretty good in my opinion. The cool thing is the center still fits the cab with the angles. Here it is:

ToptheCop2Winter2011019.jpg

Hi Barry, That visor and truck looks great, unfortunately for me, my spare parts went by the wayside 35 years ago :unsure:

First semi?.. you'd never now it...very nice job!!!

those snap kits are really nice...I have about 10 Pete's in stock...figure if I buy enough..maybe the Michaels will start to carry the KW's (hope).

brinx