Model Cars Magazine Forum

Union Pacific Peterbilt 377

I built this one to see what an Italeri kit was like...other than being 1/24 scale....

Built straight out of the box...with some extra detailing....antennas, "rookie poles" and air and electric lines.

Painted with Testors Model Masters laquers to resemble a Union Pacific locomotive, decals are Microscale for a HO scale boxcar.

Enjoyed building this one and have since purchased several other Italeri kits....

IMG_5503A.jpg

IMG_5481A.jpg

IMG_5489A.jpg

Great job on this one, plus I'm a rail fan so that makes it twice as nice ;) . I've always wanted to do a big rig, but to be honest, I'm a little bit intimated by them :unsure: . Keep up the good work !!!

P.S. I have a friend who works for, well I still refer to it as Conrail, along with his brother and their father. It would be nice to see one in the Conrail blue and white livery :) hint, hint...

George,

Great job on this one! I like the Union Pacific livery, and the creative application of the available decals. I too have one of these kits that has been waiting to be built. Couldn't decide whether to build it as a straight elliptical or tractor drawn fire tanker/tender. After seeing Tim's conversion hood that Dave Natalie sells, it may end up sporitng that instead... :wacko:

Looks great George, a little different that what I see on the Union Pacific lines out here in Texas, but maybe they are different in the different regions.All of the livery here is base white then lettered. Haulers for big equipment, maint of way rigs, you name it. Base white, then lettered.

George, that is a great looking model. On a side note, Union Pacific once owned Overnite Transportation. At one time most railroads owned trucking companies to pickup and deliver LTL freight. When TOFC became popular, the railroads trucking companies would pickup and deliver company trailers at local industries. The Penn Central railroads trucking company was called the "Pennsylvania Truck Lines" and they had U Model Mack Day Cabs and Ford LNT 8000 day cabs, painted in the PC green paint scheme.

Edited by Rich_S

• 2 months later...