Model Cars Magazine Forum

Something I've been working on for a bit...

Revell 1969 Chevy Nova 1/25 scale. Added Pegasus wheels, discs, & tires. Scratch built four-link rear end & modified the suspension so the wheels tuck in. Added plug wires & machined aluminum coil.

Inspired by Chip Foose & our very own JDM Builder (Fan?) on these very forums.

Need to add a few final things & then I will add completed pics...

100_9848.jpg

Let me know what you think...

Mathias

Monterey, California

Silly question but as never used Pegasus wheels, what is the best method for adapting them to the specific kit your working on, ex. AMT 62 Bel Air?

Hi Ben,

It varies from car to car, sometimes you need to grind down the mounting stub on the back of the Pegasus wheel (depends on the amount of room you have in the wheel-well & the size of the wheel/tire combo you are using), other times I'll grind off the wheel mounting point on the kit spindles (for the front, the rear is usually easier) & I'll drill it out & epoxy an appropriately sized piece of aluminum tubing a little bit higher on the spindle, thereby lowering the front end...

Hope this helps, sorry I don't have any pics of these methods.

Mathias

I love it thats what I think.LOL

I think exactly the same thing! :D

REALLY COOL looking! I really like how you painted the wheel centers.

edit: any chance we can see the underside? I'm dying to see what you did with that!

I'm working on 2 of these kits right now - One as a kind of lower budget street/strip and the other will be something like a 10.5" tire 25.5 spec car that "shouldn't" be on the street, but will have lights, wipers and license plates... hehe

Edited by Wayne Buck

I think exactly the same thing! :D

REALLY COOL looking! I really like how you painted the wheel centers.

edit: any chance we can see the underside? I'm dying to see what you did with that!

I'm working on 2 of these kits right now - One as a kind of lower budget street/strip and the other will be something like a 10.5" tire 25.5 spec car that "shouldn't" be on the street, but will have lights, wipers and license plates... hehe

Hi Wayne,

Will have completed (& underside pics) posted in the next couple of days. Just put the finishing touches on it tonight. Have to let a few things dry.

Thanks for the interest.

Mathias