Model Cars Magazine Forum

53 Hudson Flower car Kustom.

Well I got in another build off,this one on CustomCarForums,but I thought I'd share this with y'all as well.Its anything goes as long as you document the parts and modifications your doing.I chose a Hudson flower car.post-10092-0-13174200-1341792708_thumb.jWith this I planned on going mild kustompost-10092-0-18634800-1341792829_thumb.jThen I thought about adding front molded in enclosed fenders.this is were I'm up so far since Wed.post-10092-0-17171700-1341792976_thumb.j

I like where you're going with this. I've done a few car-to-pickup (or flower car, depending on the size and style of the car) conversions in the past, and in fact have a '57 Chrysler 300C in the works at the moment. You might consider entering this one in the "Because We Can" CBP that's based on the theme of these car-based pickups. I don't see why a dedicated flower car wouldn't qualify.

Thanks guys,you know I was starting to dislike the front enclosed fenders too,then I thought you know,its very art deco very different,I guess its gonna be one of those love it or hate things.Im still gonna build for me,and I like to do things that no one has done before.BTW the Hudson hearse sounds like another on my to do list! Great idea Harold!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
post-10092-0-98397300-1344914653_thumb.jWell back to this beast,and I mean that it this is a BEAST!!!and not in a good way..I tried mocking it up with cut coils,and the sob sits like a monster donk(at least to my eyes,I want everything to scape lol)So Im filing away at the underside of the bed,It is quite thick.I also assembled a lil of the motor,gonna get some carb stacks,havent made those yet though.post-10092-0-10269000-1344914750_thumb.j

Hey man, this thing is looking killer, I love the flames. I'm not a fan of full side skirts so I'm glad you left a little opening to show some white wall. Just curious but what do you mean when you say Hudson "flower"? I looked it up but all googled showed me were a lot of different flower shop...haha. Looks great tho, I would love to build me one of these pickups, where did you get this kit? Keep up the good work

Thanks,not too many are fans of front enclosed fenders they're hard to work in unless youre doing a flying 5th Element type ride.Im just calling it what they were calling it in the Jimmy Flintstone catologe,because these type of cars delivered flowers to funerals and cemetaries.But the name I got for it is Bathtub Funeral and You can see why.

Thanks,not too many are fans of front enclosed fenders they're hard to work in unless youre doing a flying 5th Element type ride.Im just calling it what they were calling it in the Jimmy Flintstone catologe,because these type of cars delivered flowers to funerals and cemetaries.But the name I got for it is Bathtub Funeral and You can see why.

Well listen, it's like what you said, your building it for you and no one else. That's the only way to do it. I might not be a fan of the enclosed look but I do like we're this is going. It's interesting how they got that name, is this a kit or did you custom do the bed yourself?

Well listen, it's like what you said, your building it for you and no one else. That's the only way to do it. I might not be a fan of the enclosed look but I do like we're this is going. It's interesting how they got that name, is this a kit or did you custom do the bed yourself?

Thanks Its a resin body,Im using the mobuies kit for the guts,takes a lil modifaction though.

Lookin good YO...

Thanks man. Edited by CemetaryAngel81

I hate that car. Its cuz I hate u. U ratrod lowrider guys kill me. U why I dont like coming in here.

Wait a min. Thats me Im talkin bout.........Wait Im talkin bout myself. Howed that happin. I was talkin bout U. Wait Im lost.....I didnt again. Where am I.

OH OK I like that car. ALOT 2 Wait there's 2 car.....IDK.

You know what 4 get what I said about U and me. Somethings going onin here, now theres 4 cars.....