Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge Challenger

DDC

G'Day all,

Long time lurker, first time poster!

This is the Revell Challenger. Simple build, wired and plumbed engine bay. The finish is Tamiya PS46 Green/purple and a few coats of tamiya clear, all from the rattlecan. Wheels are from the Revell '99 Chevy Silverado

Challenger12.jpg

Challenger14.jpg

20120708_120128.jpg

20120708_115237.jpg

20120708_115251.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Denzil

Denzel nice job on the Challenger super detailing in the engine bay. One thing about Mopars is that the engine bays are painted the same as the body color...

...from the factory, but after that, it's fair game, especially once it receives a wicked flip-flop purple-green paint job. ;)

Maybe it was a factory side-view mirror delete car? :D

Thanks everyone!

Mopar-D: I'll keep that in mind, but also remember, a black engine bay hides many sins :D

Casey- I'll say it was a factory option, that sounds official ;-)

Yahshu- yes it is the axle through the engine job.

Dan: thanks mate! I have noticed some folks are a bit particular about this and that. Its all good, I'm normally a model aeroplane guy, so I can can dig it ;-)

Thanks again all, with all the talent and imagination on display on this forum, I'll be lurking a while longer!

Cheers,

Denzil

Thanks again guys :)

Slusher: the background, is just my backyard, best lighting available at the time ;-)

Darbo: I've never had a problem with them, as long as you put down a primer coat first. The order for the challenger was: Tamiya fine primer , Tamiya gloss black (TS whatever-it-is), then the PS46. All followed by Tamiya clear gloss.The PS46 in particular requires a black base coat for the effect to work.

I want to grab the gold/purple paint next, but I haven't decided on what car it would look good on. Decisions decisions....;)

Cheers,

Denzil