Model Cars Magazine Forum

who wants a resin 1/25 longbed 77-87 chevy bed

66 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in purchasing a resin cast 1/25 scale '77-'87 GM longbed?

• Yes
    • No

found a guy who has some and is willing to make more but i need to get alot of feedback on here so he can see how much interest there is for a longbed.... i am sending him this link to monitor ... if he chooses to make them he will most likely get in touch with you..

Eric, you took my comment about your name as the joke it was meant to be right? I suppose it is a good idea. Might be nice to check with the OP BEFORE changing thier thread though. I guess being a mod means never having to say you're sorry. :angry:

Edited by MAGNUM4342

I had one of the "glob of resin" beds...I just threw it away. I don't know if this is the same caster the thread concerns, but I bought five beds off an individual (he can reveal himself if he chooses). The beds were inexpensive, perfectly servicable, mostly accurate (some liberties were taken with the inner bed floor and wheel wells, but not to an objectionable degree). You get a one piece bed with tailgate molded in (detail on both sides of tailgate), bed floor with wheel wells, and tailllights (regular resin, not red). I'm not at my own computer at the moment, so I can't post images yet.

I don't know if this caster wants to do just beds or not, so I won't reveal his name, but he might want to consider doing so, as I think this ( and well done standard wheelbase '73- '79 Ford bed sides) are a market begging for a product.

If anyone is interested, here's how I did mine : http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v625/Repstock/Ford%20pickup%20standard%20wheelbase%20bed/

I had one of the "glob of resin" beds...I just threw it away.

Were these the beds from eBay? As I recall they were...rough.

Does anyone had an RMR bed? I know Chuck Naylor bought their 1/16 Chevy pickup bed and was pleased with it, but I don't recall seeing their 1/25 scale version.

Aren't they like 5 million dollars for those kits though?

No, $92.00 for the '81 Suburban kit from The Modelhaus: http://www.modelhaus.com/index.php?c=4064&p=70026

Back on topic, I hope whoever casts this gets rid of those access panel lines the Fall Guy bed had, and uses a Hardcastle & McCormick or earlier bed to base the conversion on.

Back on topic, I hope whoever casts this gets rid of those access panel lines the Fall Guy bed had, and uses a Hardcastle & McCormick or earlier bed to base the conversion on.

IIRC, the Hardcastle & McCormick kit had a step bed like all the earlier MPC issues..the Fall Guy version (and the reissue about 10 years ago) were the only fleetside MPC Chevy/GMC truck kits of that generation.

IIRC, the Hardcastle & McCormick kit had a step bed like all the earlier MPC issues..the Fall Guy version (and the reissue about 10 years ago) were the only fleetside MPC Chevy/GMC truck kits of that generation.

*egg on face* :D