Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 F100 Pro Street

665@213

Thanks for the compliments. The engine is from a 1:18th scale top fuel hydro. the inner fenders, radiator support & bottom of the firewall are all scratchbuilt with styrene.

005-1.jpg

Scratchbuilt bed floor & wheeltubs,008-3.jpg battery box, & battery charging posts.

012-2.jpg

Edited by 665@213

Ya had me till ya said "SunStar". I only build 25th (SOMETIMES 24th) scale ,so I hadn't seen a 65 Ford pickup in 25th/24th scale(other than Motor City Resin, which I have). 1/18th is too big for me but you sure PROVED you can make a REALLY KILLER model in 18th scale! I've got about 30 of those 18th scale Die Casts, and my Grandson can beat em up pretty well, so he'll get 'em!!! You built a GREAT lookin model!!!

Thanks for the kind words everybody. Its not done by far. The truck only has some self-etching primer on it right now. i have the paint for it already. It's 2 factory Ford colors. The bottom will be 1961 Desert Gold. Kinda reminds me of Chevy's Butternut Yellow, only a little paler. & the top above the trim will be 2007 Ford Performance White, a very bright white. Not exactly sure how to do the floor inside, flocked or aluminum. Maybe a mixture of both, flocked floors & aluminum trans tunnel & inner firewall. Hewre's a pic of Don Hardy's 61 Ranch Wagon in Desert Gold:

mdmp_0902_01_z+1961_ford_ranch_wagon+front_view.jpg

I think it'll look pretty neat in those colors.

That looks killer, btw what scale is that-- and wher can I get one ???

Thanks!! The truck is 1:18th scale.

• 3 weeks later...

Ya had me till ya said "SunStar". I only build 25th (SOMETIMES 24th) scale ,so I hadn't seen a 65 Ford pickup in 25th/24th scale(other than Motor City Resin, which I have). 1/18th is too big for me but you sure PROVED you can make a REALLY KILLER model in 18th scale! I've got about 30 of those 18th scale Die Casts, and my Grandson can beat em up pretty well, so he'll get 'em!!! You built a GREAT lookin model!!!

Here ya go George!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-1966-FORD-F-100-TRUCK-BANK-DIE-CAST-LOCKING-COIN-BANK-/190640165905?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item2c630a1411