Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell/Gearz Contest - Official Thread

Call me pessimistic but I doubt anyone will be seeing any judging sheets. Having been part of judging teams at local contests hosted by Moonlight Modelers club, the late-nite judging which lasts till 3am usually doesn't leave time to

do judging sheets properly and the sheets would be considered club records anyway. I'm fairly certain that a club local to you will give a fair critique if asked.

Here's my entry for the16 and older novice class :

1/25 '72 Oldsâ„¢ Custom Cutlassâ„¢ Supreme turned into a '72 442 W-30.

So..that didn't place ??

That's insane, I love the picture in picture. Looks like its right out of car craft !! Great job man. I think I need to spend a little more time practicing my photo skills before next year.

Speaking of next year, anyone have a guess as to the theme for the 2013 contest ? Trucks? Modern muscle? Showroom floor?

Thank you guys. I really appreciate the comments!

When I take the pictures I try and get as close as possible (use a macro setting) and angle like I'm standing next to a real car.

I was wondering the same thing. My guess would be Modern muscle.

Sorry Bruno. :) Was very tired last night when I posted pretty much the same thing you did. LOL. I've been working ten hours a day at my regular job, and then after work I've been hanging siding on a friend's house til dark. So I've been pretty worn out lately.

Corey

In regards to next years contest, after looking at the entire list of available kits, it would only make sense to either choose Modern Muscle/Sports Cars or anything Race Car related as a theme. Those are the two genres that have the most available kits to support maximum entries or interest, IMHO.

Congrats. to all of the winners and to all those who simply went so far as to enter.