Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Paint Question

I have a question about the tamiya paint.I painted my 69 dart with Tamiya TS-48 Light sand color.10 minutes after I got done the paint has no signs of gloss.

Was this supossed to be a glossy paint? Or will it require a clear coat? I have a can of their clear coat but it has the same TS designation.Will this be a glossy clear or should I use the testors one coat wet look clear?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

I am not too familiar with Tamiya paints having only used the flat or matt colors twice before.

Sorry if I put this in the wrong place,but I need some answers badly.Thanks,bigtim.

Thanks Jonathan. Does the paint normally do this?I'm new to tamiya paints,I use mostly testors model masters or one coats.Never had any problems with them.Tamiya had the color for the low buck sleeper look that I'm after.It laid down really smooth though,just not glossy. Thanks bigtim.

Thanks Michael.After checking it today.The paint is really smooth but not glossy or flat.Kind of semi glossy lookin. Geuss I'll be clear coating this one later.Thanks guys for the help.bigtim.

Guest G Holding

With Tamiya TS paints either clear (TS13) right after color coats or wait 4 weeks to prevent cracking. I believe this is from Bob Downie or Peter Johnson. I always spray the TS 13 right away and always get a fine shine.