Model Cars Magazine Forum

DIGGIN OUT OLD PROJECTS

bryan_m

ive been diggin thorugh some old projects of mine, and i think i started on this one back in 09, when i finished up "ol smoothie"

heres the completed interior, i may have to get back on this one.

int004.jpg

int003.jpg

int006.jpg

im gonna have to look further and see what else i had done on this, but i might get back to it.....

lemme know what ya think about the interior guys

thanks

bryan

Edited by bryan_m

the interior colors are krylon "ivy leaf" and "almond"

i flocked the carpet, used some photoreduced gauges and made lenses for them from crystal clear 5 min epoxy, the clock in the center got the same treatment, but it got an aluminum trim ring. i also added gas and brake pedals...along with some mail on the rear seat, and a couple hot rod mags on the front seat.

oh, and i made the "stitchin" on the seats stand out by gently rubbing it with a fingernail file.. and i made the steering column from a couple different sizes of aluminum tubing, with the end flared out where the wheel mounts on......

thanks for lookin

bryan

Edited by bryan_m

Bryan that interior looks great ! Yes, please finish it.

thanks Ray! im thinkin about it..........i totally forgot about this one. im lookin in the box, and i am missin all of the suspension parts tho, but i have some vette stuff i could cram under there! LOL

looks like i smothed the firewall, and inner fenders.....

51chebby001.jpg

and smoothed out the frame too......

51chebby002.jpg

heres the culprit that may have made me stop on it...........a failed attempt to install frenched antennae!!

51chebby003.jpg

more to come

bryan

Looks great! I'm still trying to finish my first car. I've got a lot to learn.

thanks tom!

Learn? any questions you have, i can help ya out, and im sure the rest of the guys here would too. they seem like a great bunch of guys!

cheers

bryan

When I master a nearly dust free paint job, I'll be asking lots more questions. 8^) Your rust work is great.

PS Looked at your cars on your website. Great work!

thanks Tom! im glad you like the site.....its still a work in progress tho.

and a big thanks to eveyrone, im glad you enjoy my work.

bryan

well i was going to start cleaning up my workbench, and i did get it a little straightened out............and then of course, something stopped me!

im going to take this........

susp001.jpg

and this.........

susp002.jpg

and cram it all under this.............

susp003.jpg

man i love it when an idea just leaps up and punches me square in the face!! LOL........stay tuned for more, my brain is stuck on this so i have to do something, even if its wrong! LOL

cheers! B)

bryan

it will end up some shade of green, because the interior is already done in green.......and very lightly faded and weathered, but engine and underside will be nice and clean....

more to come guys!

stay tuned

bryan

so heres what i have cobbled together so far......

i had to establish a forward centerline, and then the center of the wheel well.......

510001.jpg

heres the center of the frame (mark on front crossmember) and the center of the wheel well.......

510002.jpg

then i had to notch the frame to fit the new lower control arms....

510003.jpg

heres the new control arms, and front crossmember in place...

510004.jpg

i had to reinforce the frame after the notching.......it was really weak, a couple pieces of strip styrene took care of that!

510005.jpg

im still hackin at it, stay tuned more to come!

thanks for lookin

bryan