Model Cars Magazine Forum

DIGGIN OUT OLD PROJECTS

bryan_m

That's great work. I'm miserable at trying to make anything that wasn't in the box. That's awesome stuff

thanks! im sure you could do it too......dont pat me on the back too quickly, there is the possibility of this being an EPIC FAIL!! LOL :D

thanks again

bryan

AAAAWWW HELL!! lol

oh well, no biggie, i had these parts layin around anyways, and it gave me somethin to do........plus i dont have to lower it!

i would post some pics of the finished control arms and crossmembers mounted, but no, photobucket decided to do maintenance right when i went to upload the pics! i gotta get rid of them!!

more to come, tomorrow!

thanks guys

bryan

• 2 weeks later...

You always have some cool projects going on Bryan. I was liking your plans for the suspension, wish I was good with measuring so I could build some cool suspension work. Right now im trying to figure out how to bag my 49 merc.

I had built a custom truck back in the day and I rolled around for the longest time with green primer similar to that green interior, it ended up with the nickname "Sweet-Pea". I think that would be a good name for this project, just my suggestion.

I like this one Bryan! That interior is killer with all the details. I think I reconise the steering wheel as a '58 Impala. I've always loved these old Chevys and still have never built one, maybe you will be an inspiration for me. :lol: I think green is becoming the new red for hot rods. Love your choices so far! Your digging out an old project like this has got me wondering, how many do I have? I'll have to get the calculator out. :unsure:

Yo, no more sleeping. It is time to smell the coffee (and cigarettes) and feed us our daily allowance of eye candy.

yea buddy, i know i gotta get movin here...........i havent been home for a week. my buddy Vince got into some trouble, and hes goin to jail for 2 years so i have been packin up his house and putting it in storage for him. i feel bad for him tho, someone robbed him, stole 1500 bucks, and this was someone he trusted, so he found him and took matters into his own hands.....and now hes gotta do time for it. so ive been crazy busy emptying out his house, i should have it done by tomorrow afternoon though...

oh, and NO coffee.....its mountain dew, cigarettes, and chicken wings!!! LOL

thanks for all the comments guys, im hopin to make it to the bench tonight...

cheers

bryan

Yea Tom its heisenberg, and the new season is so awesome!! so many people involed now.........all the big wigs at "madrigal" i think everyone is gonna go down! the whole thing is "edge of your seat" entertainment! LOVE IT! ive watched the first three episodes on demand like 4 times each now! LOL

im hopin to get to the bench tonight........"hoping"

stay tuned!

bryan

I totally forgot about this one! i bought this when they first came out, painted it and put it away.........dont ask why, i dont even know. LOL

but since im diggin out old stuff, i found this and thought hmmmmm.......

heres a few shots of the paint, i put the chevrolet, and fuel injection decals under the clear. let me know what ya think guys.

blackwidow1001.jpg

blackwidow1002.jpg

blackwidow1003.jpg

it still needs buffed a little more. im using a new camera so let me know if the pics look ok, my eyes are gettin bad and i need new glasses!

thanks for lookin guys. i might work on this one.......

cheers

bryan

i also got a little bit of the engine done as well....

just some detail painting, i have a ton of reference pics somewhere, gotta find them.

57150FI007.jpg

i have gone from a camera with only 2.1 megapixels to one that has 16 megapixels. the close ups come out alot better!

57150FI003.jpg

thanks for lookin

cheers

bryan

Edited by bryan_m

Love the 57! I commented on someone elses thread that I almost bought a 1:1 57 150 just before I got out of the Navy in 66 but spent the money on an engagement ring. I told my son that story as we stood in front of one at a car show and concluded it with "and you know the rest of the story because here you stand". He just laughed and grinned.