Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself. Name is Matt Evans or just plain old Evans as my friend call me. Just recently got back into building models (today actually). Went to a local Mopar show today and was walking through the vendor section and noticed the large amount of models being sold. Decided to scoop up a few.

1970 Dodge Challenger T/A

1970 Plymouth Superbird

Both are 1:24 scale models at a level 2

Used to build model airplanes both plastic and wood models with my grandpa and my father.

I'm a Mopar guy at heart and have been teaching my 2 girls about offroading which has been my current hobby for about 13 years now. Figured what's one more hobby. At least the wife won't be mad when a buy a $20.00 model at the local hobby lobby verse a whole new front suspension for one of my Jeeps, lol. Looking forward to getting back to the model building scene but for now a few pictures of my past and present real model builds....

My 1999 Jeep Cherokee, current job-Offroad fun :)

105-2.jpg

095.jpg

My 1998 Jeep Cherokee, 2 door, 2wd, soon to be daily driver. Still under the knife.

102-1.jpg

My old 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L-daily driver, dunes Jeep

soundwave003.jpg

My old 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L-street Jeep

012.jpg

That's about all. If you can't tell, I love Jeeps, lol. Anyways, I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on my model progress just wanted to stop in and introduce myself.

Thanks for the warm welcomes fellas. Yeah kind of need a straight jacket for my Jeep obsession and probably will need one with this model car hobby I just started. After looking through some of the finished models on here, I'm going to try my best to make these models I build turn out looking good and to their period time. You guys will probably notice that all I will build are Mopars :)

Welcome to the asylum. If you step over here, we'll fit you for a nice white sports coat with sleeves that tie in the back :D .

how come I wasn't offered one? not that I need ANOTHER one.

Welcome. I hope this site works great for you.

I see you're a Mopar guy (somewhat obvious, I guess), and I have just one request-

PLEASE don't start another General Lee thread! :lol:

amen brother.

welcome matt, meds. will be handed out shortley. :D

welcome. glad to see another one back in the modeling hobby. not too much into the off roading, but i am a huge mopar fan. nice choice of kits to start with.

...and $20 is just the tip of the iceburg, pal! resin parts, photo etched, paint, tubing, working lights, working suspension..... need i say more fellas!! next thing you know you will be coming home with a lathe!!!