Model Cars Magazine Forum

2006 Chevrolet Camaro (Concept turned SEMA)

Tumbler75

Ok, I thought I posted this a long time ago (like in 2007 or '08), but obviously I didn't. SO Let's get this ball rollin' and throw the pillows around and see where the feathers land shall we?

I started with the Claim to Fame AMT/ERTL 2006 Chevy Camaro Concept Coupe. Figured I'd try and make a "What would the Production Car look like" build.

06Cam1.jpg

06Cam2.jpg

06Cam3.jpg

Right off the bat I noticed many things that jus' crawled all over me like a bad itch. I hated the grill, so I opened it up.

06Cam7.jpg

06Cam6.jpg

Much better if I say so myself!

06Cam5.jpg

continued ...........

Continuing on ....

Next up was the wheels. Don't get me wrong. I liked them, but they seemed a bit off to me. So I swapped them out for some Pegasus Hurst Type Rims.

06Cam14.jpg

Now we're talkin'!

06Cam4.jpg

Then it was time to get started on revamping the interior. Made armrests for the doors, took the "tunnels" off the rear parcel shelf, and added some styrene where it was super thin and kinda odd lookin' near the rear seat.

06Cam15.jpg

06Cam16.jpg

Now we're cookin' with gas.

06Cam18.jpg

To be continued ........... Enjoy! B)

Thanx guys! Glad ya like it.

Let's carry on and get this topic up to date shall we?

Well I decided to paint it up with Duplicolor paints. Primered the body after all the imperfections were fixed. Shot it with a silver basecoat, then with MetalSpeck Orange. I added Rally Stripes hopin' to give it a new meets old look.

06Cam24.jpg

06Cam25.jpg

DSCF1531.jpg

DSCF1534.jpg

And here we are. Not too much longer and we'll be completely up to date on this build.

I dunno what I was thinking when it comes to the Rally Stripes. Yes they looked good when done, but jus' wasn't what I was after when it comes to the look of the car. So I prepped it for something better.

DSCF0675.jpg

DSCF0680.jpg

continued .............

And continuing on and bringing this all up to date!

I know the rule is to keep your dark colours on the top and your lighter colours on the bottom. I'm not one to follow directions or destructions. So I flipped it. I went with Satin White on top over the MetalSpeck Orange bottom.

DSCF0681.jpg

DSCF0683.jpg

DSCF0684.jpg

Let it gas out for a few days and then got to work on getting the black and silver stripes laid down and start getting the body together with head and taillights, glass, etc.

DSCF0685.jpg

DSCF0687.jpg

DSCF0688.jpg

DSCF0690.jpg

AND here's a teaser of the interior colours!

DSCF0689.jpg

Yes that's real low cut pile carpet for a doll house. It's very thin and easy to work with, but extremely hard to find anymore! I don't have much left so I need to start lookin! Enjoy Guys till next update! B)

• 7 months later...

Well now that I've gotten a big move out of my way and I have started unpacking all my kits. I worked on the interior of the Camaro and got that done. The red inserts are MicroCloth Medical Tape and it's real easy to color any colour you want and gives you a nice cloth effect as well. The carpet is the Low Cut Doll House Carpeting I mentioned before. I wanted a leather and cloth look. The dash is going to be painted Semi Gloss Black for nostolgia and color variations. Thanx for looking!

P3070005_zps0707c6ec.jpg

These pics are me goofing off with my new Olympus Digi Camera.

P3070008_zps31f94c9b.jpg

P3070010_zps97ed1c7e.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well this is the last update and then it's off to the Under Glass section! Enjoy!

Got the engine, pan, and interior tub all assembled. Inner rims were done and the spinners applied, and tires attached. Also got the grill and mirrors attached. Enjoy and Thanx to all who have followed this build either silently or via comments.

P3210027_zpscad2dda5.jpg

P3220003_zps6aea2dfd.jpg

P3220006_zpsaed5eed4.jpg