Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie Restomod

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Here's a few pics of my 1:18th scale 63 1/2 Galaxie I finished a few months back. Started as a boxstock red on red 406 tri-power car. Now its a R-code 427 4 speed. New paint, wheels, & stance.005.jpg?t=1295584956

018.jpg?t=1295651519

212.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

Custom emblem decals on the fenders, trunk & hood, along with personalized tags. Front wheels are rears from a 1:24th scale Maisto Pro Rod, & rears are fronts from a 1:18th scale Maisto Pro Rod. Worked out great!! The car still rolls just like it did originally. The hood & engine were robbed from a Sunstar 63 Texas Thunder Drag Car. All comments welcome!!

214.jpg

In these pics, you can see what I started with, and the finished product.

015.jpg?t=1295651519

014.jpg?t=1295651519

017.jpg?t=1295651519

Edited by 665@213

Posted · Report post

The outdoor shots! Nice! That captures the look. B)

Posted · Report post

great work, but the body seems "off"... nothing YOU'VE done, just that both the red and the black car look out of proportion in the roof-trunk area. i had a 1:1 sportsroof Galaxie, and the body doesn't seem heavy enough in the rear quarter. man, i miss that car now.

Posted · Report post

It's amazing what those crazy big wheels from the Maisto kits can bring to a larger scale model. Very nicely done. The red interior really pops against the black.

Posted · Report post

great work, but the body seems "off"... nothing YOU'VE done, just that both the red and the black car look out of proportion in the roof-trunk area. i had a 1:1 sportsroof Galaxie, and the body doesn't seem heavy enough in the rear quarter. man, i miss that car now.

I know what you mean. lol If you look down the side of the car, the body has a curved shape too, kinda like how a top fuel dragster arches downtrack? You cant see it looking right at the side of the car. A black 63 & 1/2 Galaxie with red interior is my dream car. I'd love to have a real one, but this will hold me for now.

Posted · Report post

Love the wheels and the teardrop scoop.

Posted · Report post

I envy everyone who can paint cars or models black.

Would you mind to share your technique?

Posted · Report post

Beautifull

Posted · Report post

i guess i am old school!! i love the whole car except for the wheels i just never liked the low profile look. but i know i am in the minority there lol :) i think this car would look super with a set of old style craigers. B):D

Posted · Report post

i guess i am old school!! i love the whole car except for the wheels i just never liked the low profile look. but i know i am in the minority there lol :) i think this car would look super with a set of old style craigers. B):D

I'm with you on this one, Never liked the "All wheel - no tire" look.

Nice build though.

Posted · Report post

I envy everyone who can paint cars or models black.

Would you mind to share your technique?

I actually didn't paint this Galaxie myself. A friend of mine Jimmy Riddle painted it for me. I knew that if i painted it black, i would screw it up pretty good. lol

Posted · Report post

That was actually my first thought on this car. I have a set of the GMP chrome Torque Thrust wheels mounted on Goodyear tires, but when i was mocking up the suspension, i used wheels similar to what is on it now. Plus at the time, I was drooling over a '61 Starliner that Bobby Alloway had done for George Poteet. Here's that Starliner:

0903sr_06_z+1961_ford_starliner+rear_driver_side.jpg

I had no choice but to do my Galaxie this way!! :P