Model Cars Magazine Forum

Frontier Resin Design

I haven't heard about them. where did you hear about them? What do they make?

E-bay,as to what they make I would have to say junk,ordered a resin kit from them and it was majorly screwed up,hood wouldn't fit and wrong,top lop sided,windshield wrong,grill very poorly cast,body narrows at front and rear and it is not supposed to.this is the short list. Be very cautious

E-bay,as to what they make I would have to say junk,ordered a resin kit from them and it was majorly screwed up,hood wouldn't fit and wrong,top lop sided,windshield wrong,grill very poorly cast,body narrows at front and rear and it is not supposed to.this is the short list. Be very cautious

do you have a link to one of their auctions?

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Well this answers my question! I was going to post a question about them, but decided to do a search to see if they've been mentioned.

I see something of theirs on eBay that I would like, but with "far away" pics and with dubious feedback from the last several months----I think I'll pass.

Oh well......I could always convert the model that I was interested in from something else. :unsure::lol:

Well this answers my question! I was going to post a question about them, but decided to do a search to see if they've been mentioned.

I see something of theirs on eBay that I would like, but with "far away" pics and with dubious feedback from the last several months----I think I'll pass.

Oh well......I could always convert the model that I was interested in from something else. :unsure::lol:

Jeff Duranso has been occasionally posting a Marauder he's building from them (probably on another board), and he's said the kit is pretty miserable to work with, requiring a ton of rework. So perhaps starting w/a 69 Galaxie isn't a bad idea :lol:

I've been hoping to see a good resin Marauder from somewhere; I have plenty of '69 Galaxies if one ever happens, but I'd rather scratchbuild one than fix someone else's mess. With so many other projects I'll likely never have the time to do it...would be awesome if a quality caster like Missing Link could get a Marauder into our hands...

They've got a '58 Packard Hawk listed on eBay right now I was looking at. The starting bid is at $70.00 with no takers as of now. That's seems pretty steep to start considering you'll have to get the '53 Studebaker Starliner to finish it up. I could convert that car myself as I have a TON of pics of that car.

If it were about half the price on a "Buy it Now" I'd go for it to save some work, but at that price I can get another kit cheaper from The Modelhaus especially a transkit--------and I'd get good quality to boot B)

Bob, what message board is Jeff Duranso posting the Marauder? (that kit's listed on eBay too)-----I may get nosy to see what he's gotten himself into! :)

They've got a '58 Packard Hawk listed on eBay right now I was looking at. The starting bid is at $70.00 with no takers as of now. That's seems pretty steep to start considering you'll have to get the '53 Studebaker Starliner to finish it up. I could convert that car myself as I have a TON of pics of that car.

If it were about half the price on a "Buy it Now" I'd go for it to save some work, but at that price I can get another kit cheaper from The Modelhaus especially a transkit--------and I'd get good quality to boot B)

Bob, what message board is Jeff Duranso posting the Marauder? (that kit's listed on eBay too)-----I may get nosy to see what he's gotten himself into! :)

I think Jeff posted at Spotlight and the SA forum, it's been quite awhile since his last post on the subject.

Any resin caster that shows tiny photos that don't have much detail tells me that they don't want customers looking any closer before "the kill". I can think of at least three outfits that sell very sketchy resin on Feebay and they all have tiny/lousy photos that try to hide their craptasticness that way to the uninitiated.

I'd never buy something like that on Feebay; perhaps if I saw one at a show and it was acceptable, but definitely not sight-unseen especially considering the price and feedback from a professional-level builder like Jeff.

thanks for the kind words...we have discussed the maruader many times...at this time we have an idea of how to make the the body & the front end, no interior & not the rear end & bumper, jeff at motor city resin casters seems up to the challenge for making the master too! does anyone out there want to make us a master?

Jeff Duranso has been occasionally posting a Marauder he's building from them (probably on another board), and he's said the kit is pretty miserable to work with, requiring a ton of rework. So perhaps starting w/a 69 Galaxie isn't a bad idea B)

I've been hoping to see a good resin Marauder from somewhere; I have plenty of '69 Galaxies if one ever happens, but I'd rather scratchbuild one than fix someone else's mess. With so many other projects I'll likely never have the time to do it...would be awesome if a quality caster like Missing Link could get a Marauder into our hands...

:P Kevin, This is kinda a longshot, and it's not about the Marauder(although I'd LOVE one). But anywho, Ive got a Hess Training Van, (it looks like an 80's GMC motorhome) that I'd be More than happy to lend if someone like yourself or Jeff,would be willing to try and cast it.The guys were talking about how cool it would be to have a motorhome model, but none were available.If you were to want to try, maybe we could sell them to the forum members to offset the price of materials.Then you could just keep the rest to sell for your buisness. I would like the original back though, as they are kinda hard to come by.Please let me know if your interested, and I could go into more detail with you about it.Like I told the guys, I purchased your 61 Falcon,and 70 cougar at the Macomb Comm.Coll.Toy shows and they were perfect, It would be really great to have this motorhome done in such a quality fashion.Thanks for any help you or Jeff could give in this matter. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Why I don't find this tread before buy one of them kits... :(

So its from 2007 that they sell this (what they call Resin kits)??? OMG!!!!

It's very very NOT well made kit... And also no the same one they shown on ebay... :(

I need to say also that the shipping was very fast, 3 days. And he reply soon to the emails I sent (until I opened a claim on Paypal)... :)

And also he send me some extra parts, but its like don't have nothing because are not very nice cast...

Reading this tread make me smile, because he said that I shouldn't buy his resin kit, because it's a over 4 level skill,
and I don't know how to work with resin... Ok, probably, some people said the opposit, and also some awards... But he is still making "resin kits" from 2007!!! :) :) :)

I'll send to him this link... For show him that probably its not only that I'm not able to build his resin kit, but Probably (sure) his kits are...

I'm really sorry to say that, because find nice kit in those days are difficult... And I would love (me and my club) have a person like him from buy.

Here's some pics of the stretched hearse from frontier resin....

Here's the frame

IMG_0025.jpg

And another pic of the frame

IMG_0012.jpg

And another

IMG_0009.jpg

Here's the inside of the body

IMG_0017.jpg

Here's a pic of the right side rear fender

IMG_0006-1.jpg

and the left

IMG_0007.jpg

The right side fender sticks out more than the left side. The only thing i could do to fix it would be to cut right fender off, and move it inboard, but since the body bends to the left, it would be a waste of time....

Here's some pics of the stretched hearse from frontier resin....

Here's the frame

And another pic of the frame

And another

Here's the inside of the body

Here's a pic of the right side rear fender

and the left

The right side fender sticks out more than the left side. The only thing i could do to fix it would be to cut right fender off, and move it inboard, but since the body bends to the left, it would be a waste of time....

Looks awful.

Are we talking about the same resin caster? The Frontier I know about does factory stock type stuff, mostly trucks, forward cab Jeep, a wagon or two, a Mercury Marauder. His feedback is 100%. I think he's based in PA and pretty much only deals on Ebay.

Frontier

I have been wanting one of his Studebaker long bed truck kits that he posts about once a month, but like Bill said they are too steep for me to get right now. I would love to have one for the salt licker Avanti.

I don't know Bob, from the pic of that Vista Cruiser, it already looks kinda warped. Have you bought from this guy? would you vouch for his quality? A thumbs up comin from you, would add ALOT to his credability. I trust you, I think alot of us here do too. Waddaya think? :lol::angry:

I don't know Bob, from the pic of that Vista Cruiser, it already looks kinda warped. Have you bought from this guy? would you vouch for his quality? A thumbs up comin from you, would add ALOT to his credability. I trust you, I think alot of us here do too. Waddaya think? :lol::angry:

Read through the entire thread, I think you'll get a good idea of what opinions are. I don't have any of their product. I would never buy it unless I saw it in person and could inspect.

After open a claim on PayPal, and 23 emails in the last week, FRD, will send me another kit. :D So probably with 2 kits I should be able to make one right...

Also the rims are not in scale, they are supposed to be 15", but they are 17" (in 1:1)...

On Ebay he has 100% feedback, because he left the feedback after you, so if you don't want receive a negative feedback, you don't leave him a negative feedback... :D

By the way, this kit is not worse the money at all!!!

Looks awful.

Are we talking about the same resin caster? The Frontier I know about does factory stock type stuff, mostly trucks, forward cab Jeep, a wagon or two, a Mercury Marauder. His feedback is 100%. I think he's based in PA and pretty much only deals on Ebay.

Frontier

Same guy. I bought the stretched hearse a couple of years ago, so my negative feedback is long gone. He actually told me that there was nothing wrong with the kit, and that I know nothing about customizing a model. I told him in no uncertain terms that I would never again buy his garbage.... EVER!

He actually told me that there was nothing wrong with the kit, and that I know nothing about customizing a model.

He told me the same...

A the end of the story, today I got some parts for fix his "kit"... Better than nothing... :lol: This is the first and last time I would have business with FRD...