Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8th Pocher F40 Ferrari

Romell R

Ok so here's some pics of the paint stripped off a couple of the body parts hope you enjoy....

strippedpaINT005.jpg

As you can see im not tottally done stripping but im on my way

strippedpaINT003.jpg

i bought this to go on my display once the build is completed, its all metal and is has a bunch of tools for the drawers and stuff

strippedpaINT004.jpg

Hopefully the trans kit will be here soon and we can get down to business....
123333.gif Edited by Romell R

I came home for lunch today to find my kit had finally arrived I breezed through it real fast and I must say I'm impressed. I don't have time to take pics right now but I'll take some as soon as i get home after work. Soo glad I only have a couple hours left.

123333.gif

Ok so i'm home now and would like to share some pics of the trans kit with you....

It arrived in this beautiful wooden box just stuffed with all sorts of goodies

83.jpg

Only 200 of these kits were made and each one is numbered in series mine is # 147/200

84.jpg

I laid out the parts from the box on the floor and took this pic, keep in mind there are parts bags in the parts bags that i didnt take out.....

85.jpg

I got my kit for a very special price and Uli (the designer of the kit) even threw in some of his new fittings and hose clamps and such. he even told me if I need more to just let him know.

86.jpg

Just look at all this photo etch....

87.jpg

Well that's enough i have a few more pics but ill just save the rest for later.....I have a meeting tonight so I'll get started tomorrow after work (or maybe I'll burn the midnight oil tonight LOL!) thanks for viewing

Rom... Man this build is gonna be awesome. Looks like you are gonna have tons of fun with this transkit and all of the photo-Etch parts. She is gonna be a beauty. I am going to enjoy seeing this one come together. You are gonna knock it out of the park like the rest of your builds.

I got a lil done tonight not much of a update because the wife and i went whale watching in Santa Barbra this weekend. i hope you enjoy!!!

in this pic you can see i was able to make the pressure fittings and attach the oil line to the pan. the kool thing about this trans kit is , it allows you to make your braided hoses from communication cable

oilline004.jpg

oilline003.jpg

thanks for joining me....... image107.gif

O man see looking great... How was the whale watching for u. We went a little while ago and didn't see anything sadly

man! we saw at least 12 differant Blue whales and probably 20 or more Humpbacks, and hundreds of common dolphins, Santa Barbra is pretty much home to blues and humpbacks. Edited by Romell R

I wanted to share with you some progress, I was able to put the brake disc together and this was no simple task as the disk is made up of 3 main photo etched parts that need to be soldered together. The Kit gives you two version possisbilities and I chose to build it with the real threaded knock offs. I also opted not to paint the parts as per the instructions , instead i polished the metal parts for a more realistic piece. The shocks were also a nice piece of work as they are made from white metal and photo etch the only kit piece is the spring which had to be cut to size. I hope you enjoy!

brakesandsuspension003.jpg

Heres the new disc next to the pocher plastic disc

brakesandsuspension004.jpg

and those wonderful shocks

brakesandsuspension006.jpg

brakesandsuspension007.jpg

See ya real soon.......123333.gif

Edited by Romell R

I worked on the front suspension yesterday... Heres an a arm assembly

frontsuspension001.jpg

brake caliper and pads......

frontsuspension008.jpg

Complete modification of the front chassis......(sorry i didn't take pics of all the photoetch before it was painted)

frontsuspension010.jpg

frontsuspension012.jpg

frontsuspension014.jpg

Thanks for stopping by.......emot3.gif