Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '32 Ford Sedan

I've been informed that Revell is going to use the chrome tree from the 3-window coupe. Therefore, the 302 will have a carburetor and air cleaner.

The injection unit and smooth valve covers from the Speedwagon kit will be cast by Replicas & Miniatures Co. of Md.

Whats the definitive answer on what's gonna be in the box with this one? I heard rumours of flatheads, steelie wheels, wire wheels, all kinds of things, but never did hear for definite.

Also, when's it due out? I want one already! Actually, make that six!

• 2 weeks later...

What gets me is this is announced after I started working on adapting the old AMT 32 sedan body from the 40Willys-32Sedan kit to a new Revell 32 Deuce coupe kit.

Oh well, another partially finished project in the stash isn't anything unusual. :P

I think the AMT 32 sedan body is sectioned slightly anyway.....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
sOUNDS GREAT CANT WAIT!!!!!! CANT IT BE BUILT FENDERLESS???

YES! Same '32 rails as the 3-window and the Highboy '32 Roadster. And it fits those frame rails just as slick.

Tim Boyd built an introductory version, and those wire wheels are fat-spoked for Kelseys! Plastic molding process would be difficult to get them scale, as the real ones are 1/4" diameter! (that, in 1/25 scale would amount to: .250" divided by 25=.010".) Ten-thousandths inch. Nice for wire size, but styrene?

• 4 weeks later...