Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '32 Ford Sedan

zzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiitttttttttt!!!!!!! Dang drool on my keyboard shorting it out.

I`ll take a case Please!

Hats of to Revell for filling that void in my old Ford Collection.

Cant wait........Guess I`ll have to B)

Thanks for the sneak pics Gregg!

Edited by ronr

This is a Skill Level 3????

Geez, from the pix of the parts trees Gregg posted there's not a whole lot to it. Why in the world would this be a level 3 kit?

I believe Gregg noly posted pics of the NEW parts added to the kit. Still, I agree with you. Don't know why they would call this a skill level 3.

• 3 weeks later...
Nice! Put me down for two of them. Looks like great kit-bashing fodder.

Bob

Mine just arrived. Body is nice, frame the same as 3-window and Highboy. Wheels are great, Kelseys are chrome; they strip nicely, if you want to paint them. If they weren't chrome, and you wanted them to be, it would be worse. American Torque-Thrusts have the rough cast spokes, BRAVO! Silver paint on the spokes make 'em real authentic! Windshield area and frame are superb, right on. Flathead is pretty scale, front parts look good; timing gear cover and water pump detail are what make-or-break flathead model engines. I have a large parts barrel, so Lincoln tranny, 3-spoke Bell steering wheel,

spoon gas pedal,

O.K., now for the reality:

The license plate fillers are two versions of "Goodguise", 2 ea. of those. Tires (1 set of 'big & littles')

are of the '60-series' that are too-low, too-wide, and too commonly identified with lawn chairs and flaming shorts. The carb. 'bonnets' have ridges around the bottoms...their shape dictates a directional removal from the tool. The "Flat-O-Matic" cast behind this flatmotor is another 'goodguy solution' travesty. In my Swap Meet diorama, this transmission will stack up with all the goodguys stuff, in one pile. The BIG Commercial headlights will be there too, right in the flaming lawn chair.

If I sound like I'm 'bashing' this release, please bear with me. This was to be an 'ultimate' example, with options. Wish it had more Hop Up options, but I have parts...

I am thrilled with this kit, and have 3 more coming. My Swap Meet Diorama will certainly get some laughs, when you add up all the unused stuff from 5 kits...(plus 'goodstuff' from 4 Hiboy kits)

Saw this one locally at a cruise night in July, it was a knockout. I'd like to build one pretty much exactly like this, nice subtle look to it, love the odd warm gray color (probably stock), though I may do the wheels in another shade...maybe cream, maybe orange...

IMG_1864-vi.jpg

Dang it, Bob! I was all set to do mine as a highboy 'til I saw that pic! Why'd you have to go and mess me up like that? :lol:

Same here....guess thats why I got 2 of em....build em both ways...

first one will be hok candy tangerine with dark blue accents, a flattie, the wires, and slightly channeled

Gray