Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Look what I found

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I went to our local show and shine this morning and came across this 1974 Fascination powered by a Renault 4 cyl. The gentleman that owns this car told me there were only 5 of these made and he is owner of 3 of them. 3 of these were built in Sydney Nebraska, 1 was built in Lincoln Nebraska, and the other one was built in Northern Colorado. This thing has factory digital guages, cruise control, and can steer in a complete circle without leaving its own footprint. I was really attracted to this car, because we dont see something like this very often at our local car shows.2012-07-21_09-38-37_254.jpg2012-07-21_09-38-57_494_Kearney.jpg2012-07-21_10-13-42_646.jpg2012-07-21_09-40-44_775.jpg

Posted · Report post

I like it. I would most likely build a model of it were one available. Nice find.

Posted · Report post

Sorry about the poor pictures. This thing is just FASCINATING in person.2012-07-21_09-40-08_146.jpg2012-07-21_09-39-51_432.jpg2012-07-21_09-39-36_388.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

Looks like the unhappy result of a union between an Alfa Romeo Giulia SS and Buckminster Fuller's Dymaxion, with some random genetic mutations thrown in. It sure is........ different.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Posted · Report post

I just threw up in my mouth...Looks like a Lear jet swallowed an Isetta.

Posted · Report post

1974? Looks like some Virgil Exner nightmare from the '40's, but I'm strangely drawn to it. Kinda neat in a twisted way.

Posted (edited) · Report post

First of all, I love this thing! But it looks like a recipe for bankruptcy. Certainly looks like there are some aircraft parts in there.

Edited by Lunajammer

Posted · Report post

That is over the top cool. New seat covers would be a must. Nah...just as it is will be fine

Posted · Report post

I just threw up in my mouth...Looks like a Lear jet swallowed an Isetta.

WIN!

Posted · Report post

Looks like the unhappy result of a union between an Alfa Romeo Gulia SS and Buckminster Fuller's Dymaxion, with some random genetic mutations thrown in. It sure is........ different.

i don't think i could have said this any better Ace.

Posted · Report post

I had read that there is a V8 version built also. It didn't fare so well during the seventies "safety" craze.