Model Cars Magazine Forum

What if...?

Harry P.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

here is my concept for what Ford might have made if they had made a beefy "big brother" to the 67 Mustang: a 67 Galaxy Sport Coupe

67galaxie-sport_zps1fbeeda1.jpg

Man, that is SWEET !! Take a car with basically nice lines, get rid of about 800 pounds of un-necessary fat, and produce something really beautiful. THAT's another one I'd like to see in 1:1.

here is my concept for what Ford might have made if they had made a beefy "big brother" to the 67 Mustang: a 67 Galaxy Sport Coupe

67galaxie-sport_zps1fbeeda1.jpg

Man, that is SWEET !! Take a car with basically nice lines, get rid of about 800 pounds of un-necessary fat, and produce something really beautiful. THAT's another one I'd like to see in 1:1.

Thank you for the "thumbs up", this is in my "future project list" if I can find a '67 Galaxy cheap enough, lately peeps seem to want a fortune for glue bombs and the price goes up from there if it's unbuilt.

I put a whole different front end on it. A lot more like the original (I love retro styling!).

I like the retro front end better than how GM released their current style, Dodge really hit a home run when they produced the new retro Challenger, their Charger I'm not so fond of...

this is nice, looks like something you'd have seen in Canada or Australia (except for it not being "right hand drive").

Yeah, that had crossed my mind too. I wondered if I should've just left the roof alone, I thought it started looking more like a conventional 69 Fairlane.

Just one more because this is actually something I've been kicking around a while. 64 Riviera with a 66 roof. These exercises help visualize what the issues might be before I cut into plastic. I started my Cannonball car this way.

64-66Riviera_zps06d1e7cf.jpg

• 2 months later...

I have a particular weakness for mix 'n match illustrations à la Harry Pristovnik. It's the main reason why I switched from building only semi trucks to a bunch of mix 'n match cards like my BMW Cadillac and my Lambo 300, I wanted to see my ideas in 3D. Those of mine were done prior to my getting to computers and graphic arts. Now I can butcher cars in PhotoShop in moderately convincing manner (or lately in CorelDRAW since my newer computer can't handle my old PhotoShop 7 and I can't afford a CS3 upgrade).

Such as the section I did to this unfortunate '59 Fury...

1737064448_59secFury.jpg.161cf668e21bf4f1826245a4bff87bf2.jpg

Or transforming what I consider the 'worried look' of factory Jeep Libertys into something more retro...

463401288_LibertyWillys.jpg.7dab568b30cd3130dcec67380b016496.jpg

Can't wait 'til when I can get into the sort of virtual 3D drawing as seen in this 3D drawing blog.

Edited by Russell C
fixed busted photo links

these are hilarious. What programs are you guys using to smash up these pics?

I use PaintShop Pro, currently have version4 but version-5 looks like it has some nifty new features. it's a bargain compared to Photoshop and it's good (and relatively easy to use) for non-professional users.

I believe Harry uses a real professionals program, Photoshop.

my hat's off to real photoshop users but usually it takes a real need (and usually a LOT of time) to learn how to use photoshop to it's fullest.

I use PaintShop Pro, currently have version4 but version-5 looks like it has some nifty new features. it's a bargain compared to Photoshop and it's good (and relatively easy to use) for non-professional users.

I believe Harry uses a real professionals program, Photoshop.

my hat's off to real photoshop users but usually it takes a real need (and usually a LOT of time) to learn how to use photoshop to it's fullest.

Thanks, I knew/understood that Photoshop could take a lot of time, but always interested in more simple and cheaper programs that will still allow some more simplified photo manipulations.

Thanks, I knew/understood that Photoshop could take a lot of time, but always interested in more simple and cheaper programs that will still allow some more simplified photo manipulations.

corel is the current publisher of paintshop pro, they've been running special prices on it recently so you might get it for a good price.

• 2 weeks later...

A few more...

2011-Camaro-SS.jpg

camaro.jpg

caravanafter.jpg

53corvetteafter.jpg

Harry, from your Photoshop file to the Brass at GM's ear, having just purchased a 2013 Camaro, Your rendering showing the '69 beak and stripe graphic on the silver Camaro is the only thing in my mind that could have made this car better! Nicely done!