Line-o-tape pinstripe tape

22 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Just got some 1/64, 1/32, and 1/8 tape of various colors out of model expo. Wanted to say that it's great, quality stuff.

Corey

Posted · Report post

Yes it is ! And you can't beat the price !

Posted · Report post

Yes it is ! And you can't beat the price !

No you sure can't Bob. And it is just what I needed for the finishing touch on a couple of my builds. Would recommend it to anyone looking for a micro thin stripe that would be a booger to paint.

Posted · Report post

That would be great as most of the pin striping tape I have used just don't look right on a model(to thick). Where do you get the tape atlist an adress to go tio!

Posted (edited) · Report post

That would be great as most of the pin striping tape I have used just don't look right on a model(to thick). Where do you get the tape atlist an adress to go tio!

Yes, please give us a link.

EDIT: Never mind, I found the link

http://www.modelexpo-online.com/search.asp?SKW=cat1_bt

Edited by sjordan2

Posted · Report post

No problem guys. I just stopped by www.modelexpo-online.com. They should be able to take care of any of your needs.

Corey

Posted · Report post

Are these tapes flexible?

I have 1.64th" tapes from Letraline but you can't bend them to go round a corner.

Posted · Report post

Yes but you might try warming them up first with a hairdryer, it seems to help.

Corey

Posted · Report post

:rolleyes:

You can also go to Line-o-tapes own web site to order

www.lineotape.com

:rolleyes: Jeff :rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

I ordered straight from Line-o-Tape. I just called the guy, left a message, he called back and I told him the sizes/quantities I wanted. He asked if the total was OK. He mailed them and asked that I send him a check AFTER I received the tapes - which I did. Ordering direct was much cheaper than other places. Nice tape too!

Posted · Report post

Thanks guys I'll have to try that.

Corey

Posted · Report post

Hmm. Something's buggy with the lineotape site. When I try to check out after filling in the info, I get a screen saying my browser can't find their server.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the tip with the hairdryer Dimebolt.

Posted · Report post

That's wierd. Wonder what's up with that. No problem Peter. Glad I could help.

Corey

Posted · Report post

Hmm. Something's buggy with the lineotape site. When I try to check out after filling in the info, I get a screen saying my browser can't find their server.

That's the same thing had, so I called the guy and did the order over the phone.

Posted · Report post

That's the same thing had, so I called the guy and did the order over the phone.

That's good to know Jim, thanks.

Corey

Posted (edited) · Report post

I would also point out that I went ahead and placed my order through modelexpo since I couldn't do it on lineotape.com. I'm paying 50% more for the tape and over 3 times the cost of shipping. So what would have cost $5.50 with shipping included at lineotape.com is costing me over $13 at modelexpo.

Edited by sjordan2

Posted · Report post

Thanks Skip for pointing that out. I guess I'll have to shop around better next time. Didn't mean to lead you down the pricier road.

Corey

Posted · Report post

I found some at a Hobbytown USA in Richmond VA, about $2.95 if memory serves me correct.

I will have to check out the website and see what else is available. I picked up some chrome, black and safety tape (for semi truck and trailers).

Posted · Report post

I would also point out that I went ahead and placed my order through modelexpo since I couldn't do it on lineotape.com. I'm paying 50% more for the tape and over 3 times the cost of shipping. So what would have cost $5.50 with shipping included at lineotape.com is costing me over $13 at modelexpo.

Ouch. Just pick up the phone and call the guy to order. Quick, easy, simple, cheaper.

Posted · Report post

Speaking of shipping, I just discovered why shipping from BMF costs so much. I received a single sheet of BMF copper foil the other day - it came with a backing board in a 2" deep box with styrofoam peanut filling.

Posted · Report post

I get BMF from Rick over at Scale Dreams. It's always good and shipping is very reasonable.