Model Cars Magazine Forum

Prudhomme's Pepsi/Wendy's Firebird

I've built models off and on for almost 50 years, and I've followed builds on this board for some time now but never posted one of my own. I build for fun, and I'm not particularly good, but like I said, its for fun. This was a kit my wife found for me and I thoroughly enjoyed building it. The paint is Testor's rattle can Classic White and Blue Angel Blue on the body. The blue was shot over black to get it darker like the hood decal. THe frame is French Blue. I've not seen this model on here before, so I hope you guys like it.

Steve

post-2491-0-43206700-1342902625_thumb.jp

post-2491-0-91562900-1342902655_thumb.jp

post-2491-0-58691800-1342902706_thumb.jp

Thanks for the kind words y'all. I guess when I compare my skills to those of John Teresi, Chris Soback, Dave Thibodeau and some of the other guys on here, I'm not even a hack builder. I do enjoy building models and I try to build, older less common subjects when i can get my hands on them. I'll try to post a few more that I deem worthy of this board.

Steve, anything and EVERYTHING is worthy of posting on this board, from what I can see, you have talent that some don't, adding the little details like plug wires on this F/C, the paint, it all looks great, now lets see some more builds!!

Steve,

That's a great job! I had to think back for a bit to remember Don P. did campaign for someone other than Hot Wheels and Army. As much as I love Camaro's, I think some of the FC's running Pontiac's were awesome.

As far as modelling goes, while someday I hope to be able to build on the calibre of some of the members here, after not building a kit in 30+ years, I'm just doing it for the simple fun (and stress relief!) of building. One of the things I enjoy most here is the friendly camaraderie, no one (well, almost no one) takes pot shots of other builders, regardless of skill level, photography, crazy builds, etc....