Model Cars Magazine Forum

A 1985 Impala from my past.

Agent G

This is the Modelhaus 1985 Impala, I started this in 2006 and packed it away when I moved in 2007. I used the Revell Impala SS for the underpinnings and replicated a ride from long ago. I used Duplicolor and Krylon for the colors.

I cast my own radio and siren from masters made from another kit, and scratched the shotgun rack and microphone. Door decals were custom made by a guy whose name I cannot remember. I did the district and car numbers myself.

DSCF3851.jpg

DSCF3850.jpg

DSCF3855-1.jpg

DSCF3856-1.jpg

DSCF3854-1.jpg

Interior minus the body.

DSCF3847.jpg

Build pics in "On the Borkbench"

G

Nice looking cruiser... Reminds me of the old Black and White my father drove back then only difference being the city my father worked in used Caprices...

Funny story, my father brought one of the old city POS to the stadium I used to work the parking lots at and went down in the lower lot and started doing donuts in it... To the amazement of about 50 spectators or so, I was parking cars for the professional Baseball team in our area...

Great job on this cruiser. This was one of the best police cars I ever drove. It would hold the road when the Vics were sliding into the weeds. Didn't heat the brakes up as bad either. Thanks for the trip down memory lane

Wayne