Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevrolet Titan 90 build

Here's what I have so far, the wheels are finished in that dark blue with silver hubs and lugs. The engine needs one more coat of paint that I have to mix myself. I figured out that if I put on the robin's egg blue first then put my mixed detroit green on, it looks perfect.

post-8093-0-97539700-1342936510_thumb.jp

Guest Johnny

They can have those "Hoods" if they want them, never quite understood the obcession with them! :lol: I like seeing where the front corners of the truck are and the great view of the road ahead! ;)

Yeah, the old cabovers would beat the kidneys out of ya, but I still love em'! B)

Got the frame and part of the cab painted the main color today. I'll take a picture of the frame later on, but here's the base color. The cab is going to have a white roof, with white stripes and lighter blue stripe sandwiched between the white ones. so it'll look like this

Dark Blue

White

Lightblue

White

Dark Blue.

Oh the wonders of an airbrush!

post-8093-0-01333200-1343066535_thumb.jp

I originally went to O'riley but they didn't have any. I figured with my background in automotive paint I could probably mix my own so I did. I'm glad everyone likes my paint!

Nice paint! Reminds me of Atlas Van Lines.

That's where I got my inspiration from, just tweaked it to my liking.

karak he is coming to be a nice truck

what about the fuel tank,s a take the sqare one fits match better on a other truck i have make

the brackets of the round one is not quit right as we can say so,last time a left the midle one away and its fits better

i dont no why ? but it works for my

and i follow this one

jacobus

So, how's this big Chevy doing? Something you might want to check is the front grill's thickness, if you install the bumper really close to the cab (so it looks right), that thick grill will prevent you from tilting the cab properly. One thing I saw on another build, the grill seemed to be mounted very flush to the cab front surface. As if you'd put a thin photoetch grill like the guys were talking about earlier in your topic. I just don't know how it was done though because the mounting holes for the cab hinges are right behind the grill frame.

By the way, I have bought both photoetch kits for the GMC Astro, while I haven't built my Titans yet, I can say that the details on these parts are really good and if you want to build the latest version of the GMC Astro, that big grill kit is the way to go. On the photoetch tree you get all the GMC logos, a multi part grill assembly (grill and frame), the WIPERS, (you know how thick the ones in the truck kit are...) the rearview mirror mounts, the exhaust heat shields and straps (nice and accurate) and the fuel tank steps. The grill is from white metal and most of the other parts are brass, nothing a little chrome paint can't fix. But I'm not so sure about that "Modelmakershop" website anymore.

Edited by BigBad