Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 camaro pro-mod wip

The fuel oil lines have been installed, as well as the throttle cable and linkage. Also, the tires have arrived from Teds Modelling, now just waiting for the wheels. I used my lathe and three grades of sandpaper to get rid of the mould lines on the slicks, and put realistic wear on them. I simply clamped the tires on the chuck, using each grade of paper at differing speeds. The fronts were just done by hand as they were too flexible to be put on to the chuck.

dscf4776d.jpg
dscf4777j.jpg
dscf4780k.jpg
dscf4781c.jpg
dscf4782g.jpg
dscf4783ks.jpg
dscf4784t.jpg
Thanks for looking.
Steve

Yep, definately like the look of those wheels, they look great, can't wait for these beauties to arrive. I have taken a rest from this build so I can enjoy xmas and new year, can't build with a hangover :-)

Thanks for the kind comments guys, will need the encouragement after the holidays.

Steve.

well all I need now is the wheels for a rolling chassis. The steering is now done, and the emergency and clutch cables have been fitted.

The under belly pan has been painted and fitted, I will fix the fastners to that when it is on it's wheels.

dscf4803h.jpg
dscf4807e.jpg
dscf4808v.jpg
dscf4809d.jpg
Steve

Looks amazing.... I'm following! I've dealt with Ted for small items that cross over into the 1:12 and 1:24 world that he stocks. He is very knowledgeable and communication was great back and forth. I highly recommend all scales at least check him out.

Well the wheels have arrived, and they are superb, great job JIm.

I did modify the them a little to fit. I drilled a slightly bigger hole in the center caps in the front wheels, so that they could fit on the spindles.

I had to machine the back of the rears, so that they could clear the calipers.

While waiting for the wheels, I continued working on the body. I played with the idea of using a deck style spoiler, but I chose the spoiler that came with the body.

dscf4811d.jpg
dscf4812y.jpg
dscf4813.jpg
dscf4814m.jpg
steve

This is where I am at now.

Just waiting for some 1mm threaded rod and nuts so I can bolt on the rear wheels and 4mm magnets to keep the doors closed.

There is a little more body work to do, ie improving the gaps between panels, building up and shaping around the exhausts, interior door panels.

I am undecided on putting a bulge in front of and around the engine opening, that follows the lines of the front end.

dscf4820ua.jpg
dscf4821v.jpg
dscf4822v.jpg
dscf4823v.jpg
dscf4825.jpg
dscf4827v.jpg
dscf4828x.jpg
Still trying to work out a colour scheme for this.
Still, nearly there.
Steve