Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Ford Fairlane, a little different

bbowser

I thought I'd try something a little different. Instead of the top-of-the-line 500 I went for the lower optioned Town Hardtop. This is what I was shooting for:

1957_Ford_Fairlane-nov4.jpg

I removed the 500 trim and used thin strips of sheet to make the side trim, covered with BMF.

SAM_2066.jpg

SAM_2064.jpg

SAM_2060.jpg

SAM_2063.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. I would have never tried something like this before joining this board and being inspired by all the great builds here.

Comments welcome, thanks for looking.

Excellent work, and I love to see the less glitzy cars.

Who made the kit? I've got to say, those mold seams on the bumpers are not a good thing.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I really appreciate them. Skip, it's the AMT kit and yes the bumpers are sad. I haven't progressed to Alclad yet so I leave 'em alone.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I really appreciate them. Skip, it's the AMT kit and yes the bumpers are sad. I haven't progressed to Alclad yet so I leave 'em alone.

I was going to mention them, too. They really stick out on an otherwise very well done model. You could strip them, sand them smooth and send them off to ChromeTech USA and have them replated. I think this model deserves it.