Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Run

I dont know if any of you have heard of a video game called Need For Speed The Run. The basic plot is a race from San Franscio to New york, the wineer recieves 25 million dollars. In this community build you need to build a car to compete with it can be any car any year. Theres highways that will give big muscle cars the advantage and theres also curvy moutain roads givind exotics the advantage. You can build your car at the begining of the race (all new and shiny), halfwat through (plenty of dinges and scrathes, or right after a wreck. No sponser decals or numbers on the car this is a street race. You dont want your car to stand out more than it already does. No weapons either just you and the car. there is no deadline. whatever you build remeber to have fun.

Sorry, Dylan. Didn't mean to burst your bubble. Hey, why not jump into the Gumball CBP with your Enzo? While you're at it, check out the "Cannonball" CBP that's going on at the moment too. It's theme is "1962", as in "What would you have run in a no-holds-barred-flat-out-across-the-USA race in 1962"? I'm in that one with a 1960 Plymouth Fury wagon powered by a hemi out of a '57 Chrysler 300. Since yo're in a Ferrari state of mind, how about a 250GT California or maybe even a 250GTO?

My "Gumball" car is a mid-engine1966 Corvair powered by a Corvette ZR-1 twincam V-8, with "Vair-ious" other goodies form the 'Vette as well. Great handling, high power-to-weight ratio, room for 2-40 gallon fuel cells, and gearing to make 180-200 mph cruising feasable. I'm out to break the current record of 26 hours, 58 minutes, New York to Los Angeles with this one - hopefully making it in under 24 hours! A 140 mph average will do the trick just fine. An Enzo should be able to manage that kind of speed, but you'd be stopping for gas a lot more often, plus it stands out in a crowd a lot more... watch out for cops!

A "FoxStang" is a good, low-buck starting point for a race like the "Gumball". Stick a blown small block in it and make a dash for the other coast.

(Of course, if you actually want it to LIVE all the way to the other coast, you'll have to make that blown small block a CHEVY! :lol: )

Edited by CorvairJim

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahaahaahahaha

You must be a comidian a chevy engine in a ford why would you disgrace all those perfect Ford parts with chevy ones

Here is my entry: '70's Porsche Carrera

Why this car: Obviously corner carving shouldn't be a problem with a Porsche! Straght line performacne shouldn't be too bad either agains Muscle cars.

About this kit: This is a vintage kit that is over 25 years old that I had laying around. Unfortunately it is a curbside (I didn't even know that Monogram made those :rolleyes: ), and it has less than 50 peices to assemble. This means that detail is lacking and I will be focusing on wheels/stance/paint.

post-9689-0-71358500-1343583124_thumb.jp

You must be a comidian a chevy engine in a ford why would you disgrace all those perfect Ford parts with chevy ones

..and the trash talking starts....... B)

Why not? That's what just about every Ford street rod out there has under the hood! Besides, you've heard the famous saying "Built Ford Tough WITH CHEVY STUFF"! Notice that you never, but NEVER see a Chevrolet-bodied car with Ford power!

(BTW: The trash talking started in the "Gumball" thread about 2 months ago when someone with a Hemi Dodge Daytona got it in his head that his car actually had a chance against my 400++ h.p., mid-engine Corvette ZR-1 powered '66 Corvair! THAT'S not gonna happen! :lol:)

Why not? That's what just about every Ford street rod out there has under the hood! Besides, you've heard the famous saying "Built Ford Tough WITH CHEVY STUFF"! Notice that you never, but NEVER see a Chevrolet-bodied car with Ford power!

Engines...........no. But I've seen my fair share sporting a Ford 9 inch rear end.

(BTW: The trash talking started in the "Gumball" thread about 2 months ago when someone with a Hemi Dodge Daytona got it in his head that his car actually had a chance against my 400++ h.p., mid-engine Corvette ZR-1 powered '66 Corvair! THAT'S not gonna happen! :lol:)

Im entering my 1994 fox body mustang its gonna be packin so heat it will ok in curves and it will knock the socks off everything else in a staight line just wait and see.

My Porsche build is just the first. I have a second Top Secret build in mind for my second entry ;)

This is the kit, im building the car in the top left corner.post-8482-0-69884100-1343797649_thumb.jp

I had to make room for the suprise im gonna put under the hood. :D

Before post-8482-0-79464500-1343798170_thumb.jp After post-8482-0-28389200-1343798219_thumb.jp

ohhh yeahpost-8482-0-21153800-1343798242_thumb.jp B)

I also glued the front bumper on and filled in the line for seamless look.

I see alot of sanding in that hoods future.

Some teaser pics of my build progress...

I like it do you have anything special planned for the engine.

I have to admit i didnt execpt a comeback on that one.

I love a good trash talk session, Dylan! It's all in fun.

I've come to realize over the years that every brand has it's good cars and it's duds. For "Duds", Chevy had the Chevette and... and... well, maybe the 1915 "Copper-Cooled" lineup. while Ford had the Pinto and Crown Victoria firebombs, the Mustang II, the Fiesta, the Contour, all those pickups and vans that seem to rust out in the first 5 years or so (It's true - look at the bottom of the tailgate of the next 5-10 year old F-Series you're following and see if I'm lying about this one!)... On the good side of the ledger, Chevy has the Corvette, the Camaro, the sweet-handling Corvairs that I love so much, LS6 Chevelles, and Ford has... Ford has... Ford has the cars that Shelby, Saleen, and Rousch modify to make fast cars out of 'em! :):lol::D:P

(BTW: I like the oversize Chevy "Cowl Induction"-style scoop you're putting on your 'Stang!)

Edited by CorvairJim