Model Cars Magazine Forum

fiat 131 abarth

blazefox

do you mean this one:

RMG7311Fiat.jpg

I have it in front of me. its not terribly complicated, probably 100 pieces or so. decal sheet looks great, including monte carlo plaques, gauge faces, all body graphics, sponsor decals and lots of details. parts look nice, no excess flash or anything. body looks a bit toylike but mostly thats the big flares etc. would not be surprised to hear this was once a motorized kit or derived from one. so overall it looks ok and with some detailing could probably look very nice. lots of racing/rally parts. not a curbside but simplified motor that looks like it would build up well with some patience and detailing. if you have specific questions post them and i will try to answer.

oh so if you mean all the body mods are ok and maybe the roll cage, yeah it looks like you can delete the rally lights and certainly not apply the decals, or pick and choose among them. how much are you planning on paying for it if i could ask? mine had a hobby shop sticker for close to 40$ but then clearanced to 10$ and thats what i bought it for. what im getting at is i wouldnt spend a big $ until you look around a bit for one on the cheap...

This is a former ESCI kit. If the body has all the aero mods, it would take a great deal of work to bring this back to a stock/street car. Of course, you could do it up as a "tuner".

ESCI's car kits weren't bad, but they were very soft on detail, IIRC.