Model Cars Magazine Forum

Your thoughts and prayers please

http://www.wthr.com/...ng-in-pendleton

Last night Jim Kenneth Bailey fired shots on Water Street in Pendleton, IN. Two police officers were injured by the man and a police K9 was killed. Also, an innocent civilian was shot and killed while driving down the road. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Bailey was later found dead of a self-inflicted shot after a 7 hour man hunt.

That innocent man who was shot last night was my father. Right now, my family is trying to deal with the loss of someone so near and dear to our hearts. All I ask is that you keep my family in your thoughts and prayers in this difficult time.

I will not let this negatively affect my life, that's not what he would have wanted. I will probably not be modeling too much for a while as I try to deal with the problems in my life. I will also be working on his 1937 Ford Pickup. When it's finished, the truck will be dedicated in loving memory to my father and grandfather who both have worked on this truck.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this, and please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

This kind of thing is taking over our country. I totally believe in the 2nd ammendment, but we do need gun control for the potentially disturbed.

I am VERY sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

John, i'm deeply sympathetic for your loss. there's no easy way to get through times like this, except push on. don't be afraid to let your feelings out, either. this is no time for silent containment of emotions; keeping it bottled up will kill you. chop a cord of firewood, or go to the gym and rail on a punching bag. hang in there. we'll be here when you get back.