Model Cars Magazine Forum

Your thoughts and prayers please

The only small victory that you can take from this is that the shooter saw fit to eliminate himself as a future potential problem. While I know that that is of little comfort to you now, he, through his own actions, saved another family from his insanity or stupidity, whichever the facts of the case prove out to be.

Words escape me; your family will be at the front of my thoughts and intercessions.

Charlie Larkin

John, my thoughts and prayers, and those of my wife as well, go out to you and your loved ones in your time of loss. Remember that you WILL see him again when you go to your reward. Keep believing, keep praying, and let The Lord have your sorrow, He's there for you. God Bless You, my friend. Hang in there.

You've got the support of myself and my family. The best advice I can give is to just keep on putting one foot in front of the other, and live your life the best way possible. And NEVER forget. My condolences to you and your family John. Hopeflly things will get better for you guys in the future. Sorry for your loss.

Sincerely,

Corey M. Jackson

John,

I am so sorry for your tragic loss. I will share with you something that a friend said to me 20 years ago when I lost my Dad to cancer. "Your Dad lives on in you". While many may think that this is very "cliche", I thought about this statement. To me, it meant that I could be angry, hateful, full of self pity, etc. Instead, while I did grieve his death, I also thought about what was important to me, what my Dad stood for, what he had taught, and attempted to share these things with others. Several years later, when my own children were born, I made it a goal that although my Dad was no longer physically here, that they would know their Grandfather. We often speak of him. We share stories and photos of him. I use lessons that I learned as a child and share them with my kids. Take time and you will experience the many emotions of grief. There will be times when you won't know what you feel. That is okay and totally normal. Although your Dad is not physically here to talk to, you can still share your thoughts with him. One technique that I used was writing to him on my computer. Obviously there were no replies, but it was a way for me to release some of my feelings and emotions. Time, faith, family and friends will also help. Reach out, and allow others to reach out to you. Sorry for the longggg post, just trying to help. God Bless.

John there is no way that we can come close to knowing how you feel! The only advice I can give you is to Ask God for the strength to go on, His help is there for the asking! My Prayers are With You and Your Family! May The Lord Bless You in Your Time Of Need!

There's never a good time to lose your dad. It's especially hard in such senseless circumstances.

After my dad passed away, I discovered that I didn't lose all of him. We're probably more alike than either of us would be comfortable admitting. He was always my best sounding board for big decisions. I also discovered that I knew most of his questions before he asked them.

So, as cheesy as it sounds, it's true. They live on inside us, and we'll pass the best parts to our children. And that, my friends, is a very subtle miracle.