Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aluminum 41 Willys Coupe

John Teresi

You're a living legend, John.

I have often found inspiration from looking at your work. Your skills are the level to which I aspire.

This car cooler than a Bose-Einstein condensate!

Your photography is excellent, too. It does your work real justice.

Now I really must learn how to use an airbrush!

Very nice work! That's the best use of Alcad that I've seen in a long time. I've thought about using urethane as the basecoat because of the slower drying time (similar to emnamel in a way), but haven't tried it yet.

You don't polish the urethane after you shoot it, the gloss is from straight out the airbrush, right?

Very nice work! That's the best use of Alcad that I've seen in a long time. I've thought about using urethane as the basecoat because of the slower drying time (similar to emnamel in a way), but haven't tried it yet.

You don't polish the urethane after you shoot it, the gloss is from straight out the airbrush, right?

Steve......that is correct.......thanks.

I was looking forward to the completion on this one since I knew it was right in your sweet spot and would totally rock - which it most definitely has!!!! I'm diggin' all the technical questions in the responses. It's clear that it's not just a cliché when we say you are an inspiration to many of us, it's the real world truth. Keep on pushin' us, John... super.gifsuper.gifok.gif

My...My...My !!!!! As I have said before...you must have a vision and then become that vision once you start the build !! One question...those bolts on the inside....are they just oversize bolts to show up better or are they to scale ? Or does it matter ? Amazing work John.

My...My...My !!!!! As I have said before...you must have a vision and then become that vision once you start the build !! One question...those bolts on the inside....are they just oversize bolts to show up better or are they to scale ? Or does it matter ? Amazing work John.

Terry.......the reference pictures I went by.......show that size bolt.......they do look out of scale to me as well in the pictures......but,in person they look ok to me......thanks.

• 6 years later...