Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Cars worldwide...

I know we have members here from all over the world... Europe, Australia, South America, Africa (yeah Chris, I mean you!), the "great white north," etc.

How cool is that? Literally a worldwide group of people sharing a common interest. The Olympics got me thinking about how different people from different places can all come together due to a common interest. In the case of the Olympics, sports... and in our case, the hobby we all share.

So how about a "parade of nations" right here... just like the Olympics opening ceremony?

Let's hear from all of you who live outside the US. Chime in, show your colors! We want to hear from all of our friends all over the world! Step up and let us know where you are!

Stefan, that's a cool Volvo, if I remember correctly a L3314 Laplander. A friend of mine in Italy bought two of them ex Swedish army, one was a 66, the other one I don't remember, a very cool truck, you don't see a lot of them!

I'm pure "Born In The U.S.A." and proud of it, but my heritage is English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish, French, German, and 1/16 Native American (Cherokee). Yep, I'm a MUTT! It takes all kinds to be a worldwide group like we have here, and I'd like to think I'd fit in just about anywhere in it... at least in Europe or North America. Here's one, a Yenko Stinger, that got it's start right here in Pennsylvania, where I've lived my whole life:

1967Stingerconvertiblemodel.jpg

Edited by CorvairJim

I live in the small "town" Mullsjö in Sweden, and will try to defend our blue and yellow flag with a WIP. :lol:

DSC02112.jpg

Maybe a subject for the autoquiz ? ;)

/Stefan

USA here but I want to know more about this..

The Hunt is on. :D

Please don't tell me it is all scratch built. :(

Ok il chime in.

Another Australian from Port Pirie (aka Lead City) South Australia.

Some Aussie cars I have built.

Holden FJ

1953FJholden.jpg

Holden FC

TPBFCHolden.jpg

Holden HK ute (this was built to represent a Summernats burn-out car)

HKHoldenute2.jpg

HKHoldenute.jpg

Holden HQ Monaro

Monarocomplete.jpg

And finally in Australia we love our ute's,so I converted an Impala to a ute.

ImpalaminoUte.jpg

USA here but I want to know more about this..

The Hunt is on. :D

Please don't tell me it is all scratch built. :(

This is an Volvo L3314 Laplander, in sweden more knowed by it´s nickname puppy.

And yes it´s all scratch built except for wheels and axles. There is a resin kit available

but it´s in 1/72 scale,and doesn´t fit on my shelf :)

Okay. I'm from Vantaa, Finland. I've lived here all my life. If someone thinks that there are not Hobby Shops, or Model Kits in Finland, you're wrong. Almost all kits, I buy are bought from Finland, only a few kits need to be ordered from Model Express.

And we have lots of 1:1 American Cars here in Finland too, so it's not only Model Kits. http://tapahtumakuvia.kuvat.fi/kuvat/

I am from Randburg (northern Johannesburg) South Africa (as Harry mentioned).

It is difficult to built any models of vehicles specific from South Africa but we had some notable vehicles like the GSM Dart & Flamingo, Capri & Cortina Perana and Chev Firenza Can Am. Unless you scratch build these there are no base models to start with.

SAflag.jpg

The Beaumonts are the only ones I've seen, (Canadian version of a Chevelle/Malibu). Chrysler exported 2 1971 Hemicuda convertibles up there, metric gauges and all, making for a grand total of nine of them ever built. But they were built here.