Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

I just found this thread and I can't figure out how I missed it. After reading and drooling over thirteen educational pages, I need to go take a serious nap. My head hurts and the bottom of my jaw is raw from hitting my desk. Truly magnificent work Bill. Now I'm expecting a removable front clip and no paint anywhere up front. Thanks for posting your detailed progress, bro!!

Bill,

I'm continuing to be amazed. What an engine!!

-Art

Brad, Art, thank you very much really means alot coming from such great builders!

That is so sick Bill. What did you use for the injectors?

hey Joe, thanks man,, I dont remember the technical term, they are the pegs for ships that they tie the ropes off of, they were brass and I liked em so I bought em LOL, figured I would use them some day, I think they worked out pretty good for injectors, not sure if I will add a little paint to them or leave them, still need to wire them, man this stuff is soooo tiny!!! :blink:

small update, even though it was alot of work, I was just going to use the alternator that came in the kit, I thought it looked pretty good, but after further studying, and measuring a real one sitting behind me, it was just too small! so I decided I would try and make one the right scale, I figured I didn't have much to lose but some time and a little aluminumIMG_1223-vi.jpghere are the two halves with the pully, and I made the armature out of brass which I blacked out before I assembled itIMG_1224-vi.jpg then made a couple aluminum brackets for mountingIMG_1225-vi.jpg

Brilliant work .

excellent time and effort in the machining of the engine , Especially considering it's all manual work.

Personal thanks for all the stage by stage photo's

Ballast maybe required on the oppsite end..?> possibly.

I think you are going to cover up a lot of groovy work with all the plumbing for the turbos. Any thought on just adding a centrifugal supercharger to it, opposite that awesome alternator?

Honey, I shrunk the Hemi!!!

Rob, yea Im sure it will cover some stuff, thats cool with me, GOTTA have twin turbos!! something I have been wanting to do for a long time! I will have a photo album with these pics in it when I display it at shows. thanks fo rthe interest!

OOPS ! I should have detaild it before I shrunk it! :blink: