Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

thank you Henry

hi Brad, I appreciate you checking on the progress, slowly plugging along, this project has really tested my skills,, having a great time with it, I appreciate the kind words brother

hey Ray, brass is very unforgiving, it doesn't have much give, it's been pretty challenging to get some of it to fit as you are about to find out on your project

Randy, I have learned a lot about working with brass, one thing I have learned is it can be a pain in the... well you get what I mean lol, I switched to .015 solder, seemed to help on the small tin work, thanks so much my friend

Ray, I score the straight lines and just use a couple different scissors to trim and cut the radius's, it does want to curl but it is minimal most times and doesn't take much to correct, I found it helps to cut small with the scissors working towards the final cut, thanks for the interest

hey Ray, brass is very unforgiving, it doesn't have much give, it's been pretty challenging to get some of it to fit as you are about to find out on your project

Yep, trim, check fit, trim, check fit...just like building 1:1 only smaller.

a little bit of progress, I made up the rear roll bars that go from the main hoop down under the package tray

IMG_2076-vi.jpgIMG_2075-vi.jpgIMG_2078-vi.jpg

a shot of the under carriage with all of the tins in place, feels good to see it all covered underneath!

IMG_2080-vi.jpg

been putting off the firewall and A pillars, guess I need to try and figure it out , thanks for looking