Model Cars Magazine Forum

One week to build a VW RV... Just for the vacation... :) DONE!

Brizio

The model club I belong has a group building that will end next Sunday a the meeting. The theme is WV... It started last year, I had an idea in my mind, but other project toke over, and probably now I will start the real build... :)

So I was thinking to use this body, left over from another project...

1vi.jpg

Edited by Brizio

I think I have that VW convertible kit. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

The kit it came was the Revell Convertible bug, I bought it in a lot, and it was already painted. :( I use all the parts for build the Wrought Iron Bug, and now I want build something with the body...

28033334.jpg

Here the post...

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33925

THE IRON BUG IS WILD!!!

I Like it... :)

Thank you!

You can do it! Not as bad as the 3 day ones I've seen on here. Also I think I remember a 24 hr. build. Keep us posted in your spare time! :lol:

Depend also what you are building... :) I built one in 3 days, but was pretty much stock.

This week end I had to work on a 1/1 car... But I was able to put the body on a bucket with some cleaning stuff for remove the color. It make harder now to complete it for next Sunday, but will see how it goes... :) If I can finish it good, if not I'm fine too... :)

Here some small progress...

I cut the body... :D I need to use some putty on the front end, the molding is not very good, plus I made some holes in the back of the fenders for reference when I was building the other VW.

56497337.jpg

I don't have a chassis so I need to build one...

Here the start.

37244771.jpg

looks cool, but I wouldn't want to drive it on a very windy day. Rock and roll.

:D Me either. I had a few experience with bigger RV and on wind, or passing trucks is not too fun... :D

I know where this is going.

26340.gif

Looks that this one has twin tires, probably for better stability. The one I'm building will have singular tires. :)

Can't wait to see the outcome, you got alot of work ahead of you.

I did a few things today, tomorrow I will take some pics.

That's pretty cool! Good luck getting it done by Sunday and don't forget to post more pictures! ^_^

Thanks!