Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Baccaruda

crazyjim

Yeah - that's what we used to call them. Baccaruda. HOK scarlett kandy over a gold base and then a part urethane clear. I felt up when I started it so the car went up in the air. I didn't like the kit engine, so I put in a Hemi.

100_4832.jpg

100_4835.jpg

100_4836.jpg

100_4837.jpg

100_4838.jpg

And here's an outdoors shot.

100_4839.jpg

Thanks Espo. Jairus Watson designed a T-shirt a couple of years ago "Yeah - it's a HEMI". I like the shirt.

Thank you, Harry. I think the 2 part urethane clear is too thick. I have to start planning for the paint by sanding the sides of the hood, doors, etc.

And here it is Friday night. Time for pizza, pool, popcorn, and WWE Friday Night Smackdown. Hope everyone has a present evening.

Tomorrow is the ONE YEAR anniversary of the Florida Auto & Scale Trucks Model Club (FAST). We're gonna have cake.

Thank you all for the comments. I'm going to try and sand the edges of the hood before taking it to the IPMS nationals next week.

Bart - the dog is baking at his reflection in the SHINY :) :) :)

Tom - I know nothing about UT.

Slusher - this is one of 3 kits in a muscle car box. There was a '69 Torino Cobra Jet (under glass), this Barracuda, and a '69 Olds 442 (under construction).

Rust? Me? I don't think so Chuck. It's scarlett

Nice lookin' build Jim, and love that paint. The color kind of has a RUST hue to it. Is this a sign of something new that may be developing around your bench? :) :) :)

rust? Me? Not a chance, Chuck. The color is scarlett (as in red) but over a gold basecoat is it's orangy. SHINY :) :) :) RULES!

Thank you all for the positive comments. No school or state colors involved here. It's just red over gold = orange. I wouldn't a school color if it bit me in the butt. I should know USF colors where Marcia got her masters, but I don't. I do know GO BULLS, though.

Yeah Andy SHINY :) :) :) RULES!

Guest Johnny

Nice looking Cuda! Even if the hood don't fit! Heck, I've seen 1:1 glass hoods fit worse! :lol:

Finishing up the BMF on mine and hope to post pictures soon.