Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here is one way to get away from the police

In my career, the Board of Police Commissioners always attempted to "define" the job. Three times they spent a lot of money on studies done by university folks. These always concluded with the phrase something like "and anything else that may occurr."

Really? Any two year patrolman could have told you that.

@James, yes we got a break that day. He drove onto the concrete divider, which is exactly what a tank obstacle is made like. He was a nano second from breaking free when it ended.

"A man's got to know his limitations." B)

G

Yeah...so much for those Chargers there Wayne B)

563352_424145390962450_1843141227_n.jpg

Having seen a few police policy manuals in my time let me assure you there is no section covering "Attack by Tractor"...

That might very well be a test unit, with all the new PPV's coming out, you are most likely going to see departments with all different makes being tested before they decide

nhp1.jpg

nhp2.jpg

Here is what Newport PD old markings looked liked, wonder if this is one of units destroyed

newport101.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

"and anything else that may occurr."

Really? Any two year patrolman could have told you that.

That should really be part of the swearing oath. Allegiance and faith to the constitution, honor, valor, bravery, dedication to the community....and anything else that may occur."

Current City of Newport police cars have black front & rear clips with everything else. AFAIK, none of their cars were destroyed. Just the Orleans County Sheriff.

From what I've heard (I have a friend who is a City of Newport councilor), the Sheriff was leaning towards new Fords before this happened. Again, based on what I know, the Sheriff doesn't have much choice in the graphics package as all Vermont Sheriff cars use the same basic graphics - White cars with red graphics.

Yeah...so much for those Chargers there Wayne B)

563352_424145390962450_1843141227_n.jpg

Having seen a few police policy manuals in my time let me assure you there is no section covering "Attack by Tractor"...

Sounds like something that would be in the manuals around here (west-central Indiana)