Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Mclaren MP4-12C FINALY in plastic kit!

I got this in the mail today, I perorder it the moment it was anaunced some month ago. I will post better and more detail pictures of the parts in a couple of days..but in my very personal opinion a very nice kit...not ultra detailed since it do not have an full engine..just a molded unit at the back plate...but still it has a nice..very nice body and cockpit as well as wheels..these are incorrect for the current car..but hey..is still nice!!

Some will say that is a bit overprice for a "curbside" model kit..but again in my very personal opinion it beats a resin $300 dollar offering in the same configuration/style..and some times pin holes and warped parts and body...so not to bad the price for the Fujimi offering.

I plan to do mine in the Gulf version....the kit decals only gives you the "Mclaren Team" version...but I am pretty sure very soon there will be a lot of aftermarket decal sets and accesories for this particular kit. It is indeed a beautiful car.

post-1443-0-79028200-1344133586_thumb.jp

post-1443-0-63523000-1344133635_thumb.jp

Edited by Plasticfanatic

I think the way Fujimi molded the body is intended to make a street car version possible with minimum retooling. The giveaway are the separated molded sides instead of a full body molding.

Hobby Design has the street version of this car in resin...but after working with some of their transkits and their never ending fitting issues I do not look forward to pay or work in one of their "full" kits..is a shame sin they really do very interesting and wanted models and transkit...they are doing the Aston Martin one 77 limited edition car...but as I said before.....

Edited by Plasticfanatic

I think the way Fujimi molded the body is intended to make a street car version possible with minimum retooling. The giveaway are the separated molded sides instead of a full body molding.

Hobby Design has the street version of this car in resin...but after working with some of their transkits and their never ending fitting issues I do not look forward to pay or work in one of their "full" kits..is a shame sin they really do very interesting and wanted models and transkit...they are doing the Aston Martin one 77 limited edition car...but as I said before.....

I've had too many issues with Hobby Design as well to be purchasing anything more of them. Its great to see Fujimi step up and put this Mclaren in Plastic.

There was a thread recently on Aoshimas' Face Book page where it was said they are looking in to doing the Mclaren F1 which would sit along side this MP4-12C nicely.