Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's Your Favorite Kit You Build More Than Once?

I've got 6 of AMT's awesome '71 Charger here, another 5 of their '66 Fairlane, and 3 of their '67 Impalas. I've got 3 Revell '32 Fords waiting their turn at the bench too. Funny, for someone who was never a fan of '32 Fords, once I built one, I was hooked!

Too many favorites, but the top of my list, judging from how many I have in progress, must be AMT's '32 Fords. Then AMT's '36 Fords, '29 ford / Ala Kart and maybe surprisingly, RM's SnapTite '34 Ford (several projects based on that body-shell). I'm with Slusher on being a fan of the AMT '49 Fords, and have two of those going.

I've got 4 AMT Chevy 454SS pickups, 3 AMT 72 GMC Stepside pickups, 2 AMT 72 Chevy Cheyenne pickups, 5 AMT Chevy C1500 Xcab pickups, 4 AMT Chevy Dooley pickups, 4 Chevy C1500 Stepside pickups, 3 Revell 86 Monte Carlos, 5 AMT S-10's. Can you see I like Chevy trucks? LOL

I have too many favorites but can never get enough of the...

69 to 72 Pontiac grand Prix

67 to 70 Bonnevilles

66 to 70 Cadillacs

hearses

64 to 75 Chrysler Imperial,300s.

early 70s Vans

Station wagons...built many but always want to build more

60 to 79 Ford pickups

68 to 75 Impalas

4doors

AMC Ambassador,SST,Hornets,AMX,Javlen.

Campers

etc. I have some that I have built several of and never get tired of them.

I have never built any kit more than once. Well now I'm kind of building Miss Deal Studebaker FC for the second time, but now I'm using Simca Vedette body... :blink: But I guess that doesn't count. Anyway my favorite kit is maybe Moebius Models' Hudson or '55 Chrysler C300 NASCAR version. I'm sure that the Stock Version is worth buying too.

For now , Polar lights Funnycars - split between the Charger and the Barrauda kits I have maybe 5 - 6 done and another 8 -10 or so on the shelf.

Then it's the Lindberg 1964 Dodge. I have 3 done now and 2 more in the works with about 12 -14 more unbuilts on the shelf with another 6-8 of the Lindberg 1964 Plymouths

Followed by the Revell 64 Thunderbolt with 2 done with maybe 6 - 8 unbuilts on the shelf.

I have about a dozen of the AMT 62 belairs to do but only 1 done.

All vintage drag car projects.

Edited by gtx6970

Too many favorites, but the top of my list, judging from how many I have in progress, must be AMT's '32 Fords. Then AMT's '36 Fords, '29 ford / Ala Kart and maybe surprisingly, RM's SnapTite '34 Ford (several projects based on that body-shell). I'm with Slusher on being a fan of the AMT '49 Fords, and have two of those going.

Yep, the AMT 32 Fords. I have about a dozen, and every time one shows up on epay, I bid on it. Also the 40's in all the types, and to a lesser degree, the 36. I'm stoked that Round Two is bringing out the 40 Sedan Delivery again!

Oh man, this one is tough to admit but easy to answer: I have a few kits that I keep returning too:

Revell:

32 Ford

37 Ford Pick Up

55 Chevy Belaire

41 Willys

40 Ford

AMT:

1950 Chevy Pick Up

I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THE 49 MERC FROM REVELL 5 OF THEM AND THEN THE 32

How could I have forgotten the 49 Merc. Thanks for mentioning it, Tom.

Deleted my original post,it just hit me,there's more...

Revell:

'49 Merc (I've built one,have another WIP as we speak,at least one more in stash)

'48 Ford (while I haven't actually built one yet,there are 3-5 in the stash,1 or 2 ready to get started)

'06-Present Mustangs (I've built at least 2 '06-09,plus a snap kit '10 ragtop)

'64.5-06 Mustang kits (I'm a Mustang man,but you knew that already,right? :P )

'32 Ford series (I've built a few,and have at least one of each varient in the stash presently)

AMT:

'32 Ford (all varients)

'40 Ford (all varients)

'41 Plymouth Coupe

'50 Chevy truck

'50-72 Chevy trucks

'93+ S10/Blazer/Sonoma

I'm sure there are more I've built multiuples of over the years,I forget (hey,it ain't "Oltimers" creeping it,I have a doc's slip for memory,I hit my head REALLY hard 11 years back :blink::P )

Edited by Olskoolrodder