Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Gremlin drag version

DanR

Thanks Ray. I've been making some dumb mistakes lately and I think I'm just being a bit too hard on myself. I have to always remember it's supposed to be fun and relaxing, and that every finished model is an accomplishment to be proud of.

I will never be a fan of green. BUT, there is a positive message in this post. I love, love, love how this kit turned out. I have yet to do anything with mine since I bought it back in April of this year. But I see so many different people's version's of this kit and it keeps giving me hope that mine will turn out really well, too. Keep up the Great work, Dan!!!

I do have one question and it may just be my eyes, but are those slicks on the front? Is it meant to be a exhibition style car? Or was it just a flaw that that I'm pointing out? Sorry if I'm seeing things.

Edited by hotrodblder

Thanks Ray. I've been making some dumb mistakes lately and I think I'm just being a bit too hard on myself. I have to always remember it's supposed to be fun and relaxing, and that every finished model is an accomplishment to be proud of.

Dan, I think we are our own worst critics. We may see thing others don't notice but 9 times out of 10 I think we did better than we feel we did.

Thanks for the comments, guys!

To Shawn - the front tires are the kit supplied tires and they're not slicks. I believe they're the street versions tires. I think they just appear to be slicks in the photo because the light didn't capture the tread detail.

Ok, I know this doesn't relate directly to the model... but I found this online. It's a drag Gremlin, so it sort of applies here. :D Anyway, can someone explain the exhaust setup on this car? :blink:

DSC00881.jpg

That definitely looks a bit "strange"... so, I had to try and find out more! LOL

- Best I could find here: http://rides.hotrod....72/amc/gremlin/

http://rides.hotrod....n/photos/1.html

...looks like exhaust manifolds for a boat?? :huh:

Edit: Here's more (with a short answer from the owner LOL): http://www.streetfir...lin_2385400.htm

Edited by Wayne Buck

Ok, I know this doesn't relate directly to the model... but I found this online. It's a drag Gremlin, so it sort of applies here. :D Anyway, can someone explain the exhaust setup on this car? :blink:

DSC00881.jpg

Maybe it's a wheelstander and spent exhaust helps with the lift :blink: ? Great model BTW, that would be a handfull on the starting line.

Or maybe really big curb feelers?

Edited by bbowser

From the video:

"Why is the exhaust coming out the front?"

"Because there's nowhere else to put it."

Huh???

How did everyone else who ran Gremlins find somewhere else to put it? Sounds to me like nothing more than a cheap attention-getting gimmick.

Maybe the driver likes to inhale carbon monoxide? :wacko: