AMT 72 Nova

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Started this kit years ago, but then it got bumped a few times to the back burner.... but this week, it went back up front...

Building it as my old high school ride known as "The Bondo Buggy" (Rich kids didnt know difference between PRIMER and Bondo, I guess) looked when NEW.... sadly I never got the car restored as planned.... and ended up selling it to my best buddy. (paid $300 in earl/mid 80s, sold for $200, he then sold it to another guy on payments, and got screwed out of his money when the car "dissapeared"... always wondered it's fate... sadly as a 11-12 year old car, I fear I know it's fate.) if I can find pics of the REAL car,I will post em... and will be taking pics of the model at it's current state in a day or 3.. I found 2 split bench seats in my parts box that had a similar look (cant recall if it had head rests or not.), and filled in the split for the back seat, and have it primered... had body all prepped and ready for paint.. when I noticed the 350 fender badges... that are now gone... mine was a 250 straight 6.. (which I am looking for something close or right.. without having to buy the Trumpeter 63 Nova that I would never build.) This CURRENT buildup will not have the dents and dings, primer and rust, etc.. that mine had... maybe the next one wil!?

wow, hard to accept that a CLASSIC 72 Nova was only about 11 or 12 years old, back then!<LOL> Thats like a 2000 car!! Try to find one of THOSE for $300 that isnt scrap metal or a bucket of rust with wheels!! Now a 72 Nova FENDER costs more then that!!! Hoping I can do the ole girl justice.. 1 of a couple of cars from my past, that I would LOVE to find again... but never will. (Don't even know where to start, and no clue what the VIN # is/was...) Love to find my 2 Mustang IIs, but both of those went to my cousin, who later junked them.... sadly.. interiors were cherry in them, and bodies were complete.. just bad/missing motors. Also love to find my 96 Mustang... tha twas my baby, and only "new" (15,000 miles) car that I ever owned.... sold it to get married.... should have kept the car... would have cost less, and gave me less headaches!<LOL> But.. enough OFF TRACK stuff... does anyone have any reference photos of a barebones 72 Nova interior? and exterior if copper/bronze metallic?

Posted · Report post

lemme look in my ref pic stash, i might be able to come up with something for ya......

cheers

bryan

Posted · Report post

should be seeing a facebook friend's 70 Nova today, but based on the outside pics, I dont expect much stock on the inside!<LOL> Picking up 2 paints I need today... appreciate any help.

Posted · Report post

as expected, friends nova was NOTHING stock inside anymore!<LOL>

Got paint and primer... and it's been raining ever since!<LOL> #@#!@$!!! <LOL>