Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Yenko Camaro

Danger

Good day all,

Here are a few shots of my recently completed 69 Yenko Camaro. My intent was to do a box stock build but half way through I started adding some photo-etch detailing. This is why the engine wasn't wired as it was finished and installed in the chassis.

The paint is Alclad Pale Gold over white Tamiya primer with Tamiya TS-13 used as the gloss coat. Interior is Semi-gloss black. Flocking has been added to the flooring. Seats have a 2-tone black finish.

The vinyl top was created using the Model Car Garage kit.

BMF was used on all the chrome trim.

Comments welcome. Enjoy.

IMG5951-L.jpgIMG5953-L.jpgIMG5957-L.jpg

Danger

The roof was completed by using the "Vinyl Top Kit - Black" from Model Car Garage. The sku number is 713. It only costs $6.00 and there seems to be enough in each kit to do 2 cars.

This was my first time using the kit and it was easy to use.

Danger

Boy that is really nice. Now if you could figger out a way to add the thin chrome trim around the bottom of the vinyl roof that would be a pretty cool finishing touch. Wish I knew how to accomplish that myself!

Terry, I was gonna use some thin silver hard wire as the trim. But I couldn't get the bends right and I was concerned about glueing it in place and not having the glue show.

There are a couple of local shows coming up and I will be entering it. I may try again after I show it.

Danger

nice build. color is great, so use to seeing the hugger orange and daytona yellow ones. what might work is thin square evergreen as the trim. use white (elmers) glue to hold it down till you get the right shape. glue it in place and trim your top right up to it. may take some practice. one of these years, i will get my yenko done. (also doing a ZL-1 and a COPO). thanks for sharing.