Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ranchero Gasser

:mellow:

Thank You all for looking and the comments!

Your time and consideration is appreciated, a lot.

:)

Yeah, it is a nose-bleeder, but, it's "my" nose bleed.

:rolleyes:

Again, Carl, Tom, Neal, James II, Greg, Terry, Ray, guys, Thank You!

Later

Russ

;)

Edited by rustybill1960

I remember seeing cars simular to this driving around the local drive-in restaurant back in the late '60s. I always liked them from a distance. You would be up there high enough to see everything around you except whats in front or you. You almost need a hole in the floor to see the road. Don't get me wrong, I like it! :)

Nice build on that Ranchero but it would never qualify as a gasser.

neat build! great subject and detail. someone can even throw the step ladder in the back after youget in!! love those big ford motors!!!

high octane, can you be more specific please, i have plans on building a phantom gasser or 2. in the 1 to 1 world, whats wrong with it?

It wouldn't qualify as a Gasser to run in any Gas class because the front end is way too high. Gas class rules call for the body to remain level, in spite of all these sky high front ends you see on "gasser" models. See the rules under "Body." You could get away with SOME added height in the front but not that much. Also, the engine crankshaft centerline was limited to be no more than 24" above the ground. In 1/25th scale that would be one inch. See "Engine." Has to have a hood. Also doesn't have any inner fenderwells...had to have them too with any fenderwell header openings being no more than 2" away from the header tubes. See "Fender Splash Pans."

If you are really interested in building a "legal" gasser, here are the rulebook pages from a 1970 NHRA rulebook for the Gas classes.... I have the entire rulebook posted on my Fotki site here....http://public.fotki....nhra-rulebooks/ Hope this helps you!

pg3031-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

pg3233-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

pg3439-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by Terry Sumner