Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMC V/8s

Once upon a time , saved in my favorites a site selling Resin AMC V/8s . I lost all of my favorites recenyly due to a Hacker . Anyone know where I can access this info. and kits . Sold both with Stock and Hop-up pieces . AMC Mountain Motors was the title the name it was saved with . Help Please ? Thanx ..

I loaned Don a Jeepster snowplow to copy. He sent that back to me along with a casting.

I found his casting to be good. There is some flash, but it's very light and will sandpaper away pretty quickly. His casting is smooth with one or two tiny air bubbles that can fill in very easily.

What impressed me most was how quickly he got things underway. It took about two or three days to get the parts to him by mail to North Dakota. About three days later, he reported the mold was made and he was sending everything back out the next morning. They arrived about 2 days later. I will say his service is pretty quick and he was very nice to deal with.

Charlie Larkin

I loaned Don a Jeepster snowplow to copy. He sent that back to me along with a casting.

I found his casting to be good. There is some flash, but it's very light and will sandpaper away pretty quickly. His casting is smooth with one or two tiny air bubbles that can fill in very easily.

What impressed me most was how quickly he got things underway. It took about two or three days to get the parts to him by mail to North Dakota. About three days later, he reported the mold was made and he was sending everything back out the next morning. They arrived about 2 days later. I will say his service is pretty quick and he was very nice to deal with.

Charlie Larkin

Help again please Charlie . I've been trying to get hold of Don Loomis for months . Now that I have his name , I tried a member search . I can only view two pages at a time . I failed at this . I also failed to find anything other than his Flicker Album . No contact info . Help ??? PM me please .. Thanx ..

• 1 month later...

A short time back , I did here ask for a source for AMC mills . I found it and highly recommend Don Loomis . They have the 4 speed molded on . A Torque Flite A727 as an option . Stock parts + high rise dual carbs . Stock Exhaust Manafolds + Headers . It is well cast and the same fine parts as a JoHan kit .

Thanx ..

Edited by dimaxion

I've been trying to get hold of Don Loomis for months .

I met Don L. by accident last summer when I went to his place to buy some models he'd listed on Craigslist. I'd never heard of him. He told me he cast stuff but wasn't too specific. I asked for a business card but I can't for the life of me find it. PM me if you still need a phone number, I think he's in the book.

I talked to his wife for a while and she said they were contemplating moving elsewhere so I'm not sure if he's still in town yet.