Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

just playin!

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

i

Edited by Jeryd

Posted · Report post

Hey bub... nice pics... have you thought about using an airbrush to shade and highlight the cotton to "tune it down" a bit, because the burn-out smoke is not truly white. I think a little shading with light grey would go a long way with the "smoke" effect. Keep up the great work... I think your models are awesome.... :):)

STEVE

Posted · Report post

thanks, that would probably help but i don't have an air brush! on the list of things to get!

also scuba i love your builds! i want that orange cuda! wanna trade?!!!

Posted · Report post

thanks, that would probably help but i don't have an air brush! on the list of things to get!

also scuba i love your builds! i want that orange cuda! wanna trade?!!!

Well, since you don't have an airbrush (yet), you can also try misting a light grey primer from a varying degree of distance right from a rattle can. I sent you a PM about the 'Cuda.

STEVE

Posted · Report post

Very interesting idea. A little shading to the smoke will help quite a bit. But I think it needs one more touch to add a real note of realism to the photo. See if you can place a driver figure in the drivers seat. Even if it is just the upper torso and arms for the photo, it will make it look that much more realistic. Neat picture and idea, though.

Posted · Report post

hey scuba, why didn't i think of that?!!!!!!!!! duh! thanks!

pete i have some old nascar figures maybe i will try it, thanks.

now i have to put all the smoke back on the model again, oh man i will never get it right! thanks guys i will give it a try , sometime!