Model Cars Magazine Forum

W-900 Maine logger

I know I don't get to post much anymore, but now that I drive these things I don't get to build the little ones so much. But in the last year I did get to finish one truck. it is going to have a double trailer at some point ( when there is enough shelf to hold it)

100_3236.jpg

100_3237.jpg

100_3238.jpg

100_3239.jpg

100_3240.jpg

100_3241.jpg

100_3235.jpg

Hey Chris, where is that V12 from? Is that the one from AITM? Was it much work to adapt to the KW? It looks right at home under that hood.

the v12 is from AITM but I got mine when Dave first took over, and it is from the old molds and it needed a lot of work, someone posted one from his cleaned up molds a while back and it looks great.The engine fits good under the hood,even with the air compressor mounted on the back aux drive.

100_3045.jpg

100_3043.jpg

100_3049.jpg

100_3051.jpg

100_3193.jpg

I used some parts from a 8v kit to get the look I wanted, and had to scratch the engine mounts. If your looking for 100% realism the exaust manifolds are wrong for a 12v truck engine, but for me I am not that picky.

It looks great man! You don't expect to see one of those when opening the hood! Thanks for the info on the build. I have a couple V12s from AITM I bought last year and seeing this is very encouraging! I see your front axle steers, did modify the kit part or you replaced it with an aftermarket piece?

It looks great man! You don't expect to see one of those when opening the hood! Thanks for the info on the build. I have a couple V12s from AITM I bought last year and seeing this is very encouraging! I see your front axle steers, did modify the kit part or you replaced it with an aftermarket piece?

Robert, I kit-bashed the front axle and the front springs and I think they came from the AMT General. The frame I used was from AMT's T-600 so nothing from that front end was even remotely correct. The Revell front axle is way to skimpy to try and make steerable.

• 2 months later...