Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge Charger

Jim N

I just completed this one. It’s the Revell Uptown Charger. The front scissor doors did not hang properly so I glued them closed. The paint is Green Go, which was one of Dodge’s muscle car colors. I saw a Charger recently with the black wheels, so I tried it on this model. I like the look; although, it seems to get mixed reviews from others who have seen the model. Thanks for looking.

DSC_0367-vi.jpg

DSC_0366-vi.jpg

DSC_0367-vi.jpg

DSC_0370-vi.jpg

DSC_0371-vi.jpg

DSC_0372-vi.jpg

First off, this is a very good looking model. I love the green. I agree some Superbee stripes would be cool.

My thought on black wheels is that they seem to get lost. They match the tire too well and any detail there is unnoticeable in all that shadow. I have tried a gun-metal grey and I really liked the results.

Looks good, I tried building one of these but didn't make it very far with the body issues, I don't know what it is, it just looks way off to me? I applaud you for a nice build of a (IMHO) a it that could have a much better starting point.

Rob made a very good point on the wheels. I know that the black wheels are the latest trend right now, but I do not think that they accent the rest of the car. The Bee stripes or maybe even the old rear bumble bee stripes in a color that match the wheel color. But it does look good as is.

My thought on black wheels is that they seem to get lost. They match the tire too well and any detail there is unnoticeable in all that shadow. I have tried a gun-metal grey and I really liked the results.

Agreed! A little contrast with the tire is a good thing. I've always liked gunmetal-colored wheels, they look good on most any color car.

And just to be clear... Jim, remember, we're not slamming your work, just throwing ideas out there. :)