Model Cars Magazine Forum

The primered truck appears to be the same truck in the Overdrive mag pics I wander what the production count was.

That was the same thinking I had about being the same truck......info is so limited,I have read one place that there was only one made :blink: ,which I find hard to believe and another source I remember reading awhile back said to be only a few hundred produced for a few years :unsure: would like to know,I am always up for the strange breeds especially when it come to cab overs!!!

Hmm, that's a.............interesting.............um....................truck? That old saying of putting lipstick on a pig or in this case, lipstick, a fancy dress and high heels, comes to mind. LOL

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I know this is an old topic, but I did learn a bit more about this truck from my grandpa. He knows a guy in Lander, Wyoming that has a Wide-Track. The owner used to drive to my great-grandpa's farm and move potatoes with it. The WT had a 290 cummins with a 5x3, and eventually got a 335 cummins. My grandpa said that there was a predecessor of sorts to the WT called the "Knox", he knows the cab was built by Chicago Cab and was fairly certain that it used a Kenworth frame and various Kenworth components. He said the knox looked like a bubble nose Peterbilt with "extra weird rounded edges everywhere". He's only ever seen 2 Knox cabovers, but has seen 10 or so Wide-Tracks. If anyone is interested in seeing either of those trucks, I know for certain that both a Knox and a Wide Track are sitting near a wrecking yard in Lander, Wyoming. Next time I'm up that direction I'll see if I can't get some pictures of both.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...