Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another Street Fighter

dougp

I picked up Revell's latest release of the Street Fighter II and didn't care for the red glass supplied in the kit. So I picked up a earlier release of the Street Fighter and combined parts from both kits. With a kit bash of a 57 Chevy Pro Sportsman and the parts box I built this updated version of the venerable classic. Paint is Duplicolor Honda Hampsted green metallic and GM silver metallic. Thanks for looking and enjoy...

DSCN1282.jpg

DSCN1284.jpg

DSCN1286.jpg

DSCN1289.jpg

DSCN1291.jpg

First kit l ever built, in '71-'72(?) maybe. l have a new one l kind of want to build something like yours. Great combination of parts box choices. lt turned out really nice! l wish l had some clear glass. The red cuts down your color choices! Your green & silver looks VERY cool! Bart.

Thanks for the comments everyone. A lot of the inspiration came from other kits here.

Did you mold in the red roof insert or use one with a filled roof?

The body is from the older release with the clear glass/sunroof vs. the newer release with the red glass/full moon roof. The front end uses the new release hood/fenders with the older release lower valance and spoiler. Same with the rear, old body with newer roll pan without the push guards.

Wow, Excellent job on the Street Fighter. Looks like this kit can be built as very nice model. Maybe needs to pick it up when I see it next time. Anyways, good job on the paint and engine detail. I like the scoop too, it fits suprisingly well on '60 Chevy. B)